How to ad sounds when walking?

nsgraphics

Hey there everyone! I am working on a new project and I really need some help. I need to know how to ad sound effects when my actor is walking. I've looked everywhere and I can't figure out how to do. Please help!

Pixel Pusher

You may not be able to get a realistic every-step hit the ground effect but just add in to play a foot steps sound while the player is walking (when player speed is above 0, and on ground is true), and if not walking, stop the foot steps sound (when the players speed is <=0 and on ground).

Since Flash only uses mp3, there is going to be a pregap in the time it takes the sound to play so it's not gonna sound realistic anyway. Unless you knew some code to remedy that. Not to mention you'd want the sound to match the animation as well.

Luyren

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,4350.0.html

One of the behaviors included allows you to pick an animation, a frame of that animation, and a sound to play when you reach that animation; all this for as many animations and frames as you need. This should allow you to have a step sound to play at the right time for your walking animations.
Working.