Kibloid

flygonius

http://www.kongregate.com/games/LonelyTroll/kibloid

Here is my submission for jam! It's a musical platformer where you must escape the maw of a giant planet-eater while collecting points to upgrade your character and unlock harder difficulties.

Lonely Troll Productions - Indie Games by Nathan Ray

Luyren

(Bear in mind I didn't play much)

Nicely done!

I just found the musical part too random for my tastes. If it were more elaborated to create a sort of background music with the melody based on the actions in game, it would be way better!

Again, if there's more behind it that gets shown later in the game, I'm sorry.
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

twotimingpete

real nice work, man. I didn't play it at length yet but it seems well done so far.

Unept

Nice game. I like the art, and the musical part is interesting. One thought: In the "How To Play" section, unless meteorites actually cause impregnation to your character during gameplay, you may want to reword the phrase, "the meteorites will knock you up." :) Maybe change it to "The meteorites will launch you upward."
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

dtrungle

Pretty cool, I think you should rework the costs of upgrades/unlocks though. It seems to high.

theabbott

The concept is really interesting - the sound work is great! How do you beat a level? Can you beat the level? I got all the way to the bottom but just landed on an enemy and died?

flygonius

The concept is really interesting - the sound work is great! How do you beat a level? Can you beat the level? I got all the way to the bottom but just landed on an enemy and died?

For time reasons I decided to just make the game score / upgrade based for now. I really had fun developing it though, so I'll probably make a sequel sometime and have some sort of story or progression!

I just found the musical part too random for my tastes. If it were more elaborated to create a sort of background music with the melody based on the actions in game, it would be way better!

I actually intended to make the musical relatively atonal and random in this game, since I wanted a change from my more melodic musical choices in my previous projects and create something more ambient/eerie. That being said, I am planning on some more melodic generated-music games in the future!

Thanks for the great feedback!
Lonely Troll Productions - Indie Games by Nathan Ray