PlayerIO (On Hold) (Flash)

paala

What do you mean non real time? If I send a message to players in room when it will arrive? Or can I do that?

SadiQ

Non realtime meaning they use the http protocol to send data instead of udp or similar.
If you send a message it will get to the server, the server should reply that it received the message, send it to the other players, then wait till they confirm that they received that message. That is not realtime because of all the checks and the waiting involved.
You can actually check the Chat demo provided with the nuggeta extension to see how fast a message can arrive at a second player here
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Jon

Given that Nuggeta is dead, are you still supporting this extension, or are you letting it go?

rob1221

I don't think I'll be resuming it anytime soon.  It just takes too much time to make a good multiplayer solution which in this case requires server side code in a language I know nothing about (C#).

Jon

Alright, I'm moving it over to the other section where the inactive / on hold extensions are.