It's a-me, Mario (Mario's Vacation) - my song made with SunVox

Darkhog

Could you tell me what do you think about my mario-inspired song? I haven't uploaded it on any site like NG audio portal yet so you can tell me your impression first

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/18140749/file.html

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Strasteo

The repetition of "It's a-me, Mario!" doesn't sound great, in my opinion. I could not get into the main part of the song because it was pretty annoying.

I think if you just had that in the beginning once then went into the song, it'd sound much better.

Darkhog

Main part start's on 0:15. Don't worry, "It's a-me, Mario" isn't going by whole song. Try again and you might be surprised.

irock

Well, this song can be summarized as A Db D E, E D Db A, with a short drum loop and random Mario sound and music clips thrown in. The song structure (which is a stretch to call it that) is random and boring- none of it seems to fit together and the only interesting parts of the song are the things you didn't write.

For the part of the song you did seem to write, you need to realize that you can't just loop the same 4 bars over and over throughout the entire song. You need to write more than that and add some more layers to the thing.

Darkhog

Hey! I did drums and seashore sound too (I can upload sunvox project file if you don't believe me)!

Blob

The seashore sound effect broke my ears. I would get rid of it altogether.

~ Blob

irock

Hey! I did drums and seashore sound too (I can upload sunvox project file if you don't believe me)!
I never said you didn't do those things, though the drum loop is a fraction of a bar long (which isn't a good thing), so it's not exactly noteworthy.

Also, as Blob said, the seashore sound should probably be tossed. It doesn't contribute anything positive to the song.

KungFuFurby

Reminds me of many tunes that use this type of style... I found mostly repetition and samples of Mario in there.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Alexin

My impression of this song is bad. I'm no expert like Irock or KungFuFurby but I can tell the music is unpleasant and very monotonous.

Keep trying!
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Tatertom

It was really blah, but for starters, it was alright.
Tatertom approves this message.

Rhys

Oh geez that amazingly loud sound effect at 0:30 may have severely damaged my ears. Other than that it seems very... empty, there's not really anything going on and general construction just seems very sloppy (It's the same thing repeated through the whole song with mario swim music in the middle) but I'm not really one to judge since I haven't composed any music to this date.

Senitary

I didn't even know it was a seashore, i thought it was white noise.

Lonwol

darkhog white noise does not make music.

nor does adding copyrighted sounds and randomly mixing them together.
i cant wait to be a useless piece of shit all day and play all these games

Rhys

This is genuinely quite frightening:

Lonwol

Could you tell me what do you think about my mario-inspired song? I haven't uploaded it on any site like NG audio portal yet so you can tell me your impression first

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/18140749/file.html
inspired?
more like stolen soundddssss
i cant wait to be a useless piece of shit all day and play all these games