Joints Extension

captaincomic

@LIBERADO
Oh, I looked now and realized the bug with the block definition is already fixed. You would need a  more recent version of Stencyl, build >= 7754 (because the block has more than 10 fields and that was not supported before). The fix will be public with 3.2.

The line/prismatic joint problems are news to me. Have you tried the Joints Sandbox game from StencylForge? It also sets up line/prismatic joints in an almost empty scene and they are working there as expected.

@MeToo
1) I don't think there's a parameter for elasticity. You could make a rope with a series of revolute joints, as seen here:
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2009/10/05/basic-box2d-rope/
Not sure how to make it more elastic like a bungee, maybe by changing the size of the rope segments...

2) If you want to make joints visible you use drawing blocks, or in case of the rope you could have visible sprites for the rope segment actors.

The revolute joint limits prevent the joint from making a full rotation. Think of a human knee joint. You can see in the Ragdoll Test.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:17:44 pm by captaincomic »

MeToo

Thank you very much, Captain.

LIBERADO

@captaincomic, okay, thank you for the information.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

XerosXIII

Mind asking how to break joint? I'm trying find ways to find the force apply on the joint, break upon it limit, could anyone point me toward where to look for it? :/

captaincomic

You can break joints with the "destroy joint" block. If you want to break a joint at its limit, you could check the angle/translation to determine when to destroy it.

XerosXIII

Thanks captaincomic! was reading up the box2d manual atm, thanks for your pointer, will report back later once I got hold of it :)

colburt187

Hi CaptainComic,

Are there plans to support this extension on 3.2? Id like to use the gamepad extension with my game but that only works in 3.2. And my game is based around hinge joints created in realtime,

I would donate some coffee money if it would help fuel the process.

Thanks.

captaincomic

Is there anything broken with this and 3.2? Or was just the title misleading? (I changed it from "3.1-only" to "3.1 or newer" now, that's what it was supposed to mean.)

colburt187

Ah ok, I couldn't see the extension blocks under the extension tab, and the blocks I had in the game had disappeard. I've just updated to 3.2 so I'll try a few things to get the blocks showing up.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:45:21 pm by colburt187 »

andelmar02

Just downloaded the joint blocks from Stencylforge, didn't even use them, just tried to run my game as-was, and  I got the following "Unexpected" error from the Joint Blocks:

Joint Blocks (85) -  Unexpected =
Joint Blocks (85) -  Unexpected =

Any idea why or how to fix it?

captaincomic

That's a behavior with custom blocks. Not sure about the error, but I'd recommend using this extension instead, if you have 3.1.

colburt187

Can you think of any reason why the blocks would not be showing up. Ive used this extension a lot in 3.1 and it worked fine. I have the extension in my engine extension folder/ have enabled it/ closed opened/ but the blocks don't show up. As a test i activated the Ad Mob extension and the admob blocks showed up. Im having the same problem with the gamepad extension though.

I've tried re downloading the extension but still no blocks.

colburt187

So I've attached images of the inside of an extension thats working and the inside on one that isn't. The black squares seem to be the  issue?  some files have the wrong format or something?

andelmar02

Duh, wow sorry brain fart. Using the extension now, which by the way I want to thank you tremendously for making. For real, this helps a great deal and you should be proud of yourself for helping so many people.

Anyway, I am having a problem with creating a weld joint. Just testing it out with a simple collision.

When Self hits actor of type
.....create weld joint between Self at (x:0, y:0) and actor of type.

I've also tried storing the "actor of type" as an attribute and create the weld joint between self, and an attribute, but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?
P.S. creating distance joint works under the same circumstance, but i'd prefer using a weld joint

colburt187

Sorry for all the spam, looks like the problem is with the latest build of stencyl, i moved to an older version and the blocks are showing up now.