Bolt Collector (Working title)

WayneAdams

Yeah.. you may have seen some of my stuff before:

http://www.wayneadams.net

I spent my time in the industry as an environment artist.. I'm currently making the switch to indie developer. :)

WayneAdams

OK!! Big push.. First Area of Bolt Collector down..(5 levels, one boss fight)
I'm gonna throw the swf up here.. once I've ironed out all bugs and gameplay quirks.. I'll probably go dark for a while and start knockin out the other areas

http://www.wayneadams.net/stuffola/STENCYL_DEV/BOLT_COLLECTOR_12_30_2014(1).swf

ENJOY! And please leave feedback for things you hate... or love.

WayneAdams

First pass on the next Area: "Ore Processing"

xcmn

I love the faster movement speed. The boss fight was rad. At first, I thought the goal was to get past him to the other side, but that is just a literal dead end. I had plenty of ammo for the fight, but a resupply station might be useful.

Please trim the collision boxes of your enemies so that they fit the animations better (even a little smaller than the animation itself). It looks like I'm getting hit without even touching them, especially with the wasps. Keep up the good work!

WayneAdams

Fixed the hit boxes on the buzz bots..
here's a preview of Area 2: Ore Processing

WayneAdams

First pass on Area 3 Tileset: Power Station

letmethink

May I ask why you are using an old version of Stencyl? Just curious.
~Letmethink

WayneAdams

You know.. I thought I was updated to 3.2

Wow.. That answers a few questions. :P

imagine gaming

Looking good so far! :)

WayneAdams

Update: First two areas.. ten levels for BLASTER BOT (official name)

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/29352

All feedback and critiques are very welcome. Thanks!

WayneAdams

quick question:

For some odd reason, when I publish to a SWF and either launch it from it's location or upload it to the stencyl arcade, the death animation for the green dog tank bot does not play when shot. It plays in stencyl when I test game or test scene, but not in the compiled swf. It is set up exactly like the other enemies.

Does anyone know of this sort of thing happening in other cases?

WayneAdams

As of a few moments ago BLASTER BOT is completely playable all the way from the initial splash screen to the "THE END" screen.. All that remains is to tweak sound, edit a few sprites.. play with some gameplay variables and add the music tracks and buy an actual license for Stencyl and get this sucker Legit.

Home stretch.  :)

rrzl

Congrats !
That's one heck of a speedy development.

WayneAdams

Thanks.. keeping the scope simple helped.. plus eight years of experience in the  game industry and all that crunchtime AND currently being unemployed really prepared me to do nothing but work almost non stop on it.

I feel a bit like your avatar at the moment, but playing that final boss fight this evening, seeing the ending cutscene roll felt really good. Now to put a layer of spit shine on it and kick it out the door. :)