Don't Drown! [iOS+Android]

ohlin

A slower start, as suggested, would perhaps be a good idea.

batuhancan

It's been a little while, but release will be very very soon now! ;)

EDITED MARCH 14TH 2015

So I posted this game on here in January when it was almost finished, but I decided it needed to be a little better before releasing. Before I knew, 2 months had passed :p I haven't been working on it every day, but about a week ago I finished version 1.0.0
I'm waiting for the App Store review now and I hope to be able to test the latest version on Android this week so I can submit it to Google Play too.

Anyway, I've got some screenshots for you guys.

bambucha

The game looks really really good, especially your use of vibrant colors! I really want to try the game out :P
Check out my games:
Highway Dodger    Highway Dodger 2     Dev Blog (in the making)

riki82

Your pixel art graphics is amazing!
Riki

batuhancan

Thanks bambucha and riki! Appreciate it :D

Don't Drown got approved to the App Store today. I'm going to wait to check if the Android version can be released anytime soon and release them together. If I get issues in Android, I'll release the ios version first.

Stay tuned, I'll know more in 1-2 days ;)

batuhancan

Android is going to take little bit longer than expected; I need to make a few alterations + testing, so I think about a week. I also read that google is changing it's way of reviewing apps, but I need to look into that further.

Good news for iOS folks though; it's available in the App Store right now! ;)

Trailer video:
https://youtu.be/S6SJ1GUHUOI

Max Finch

During the tutorial I noticed that sometimes my presses wouldn't register?

batuhancan

Thanks for reporting Max! I'm trying, but can't reproduce that bug though. What device are you using?
In settings, you can open the tutorial again. Could you please check when exactly it happens? Is it random all the time or just after a dialog, etc

Max Finch

IPhone 5s, it happens randomly after dialog sometimes after dialog it works fine other times it doesn't respond to touch.

batuhancan

I think I found why it's happening. That'll be the first bug fix for 1.0.1 then :D

Max Finch

Cool! Good luck with the game! I'm enjoying it

batuhancan

Allright, it's a few days later now, so it's time for some stats :D

I got to a 100 downloads pretty fast, after that it pretty much stayed the same until I surprisingly got featured by a major dutch apple blog! 20 hours ago it almost got to 500, and by now that's probably a bit more.

Don't Drown! also got into the rankings in the Dutch and the Belgian app stores, topping at number 26 in the category Adventure.

Stevetheipad

Great to hear! However, it still deserves more downloads!

Would love to see achievements and more characters added.

Max Finch

Totally deserving! Your game has an incredible polish, fix that tutorial bug and it will become such a great game!

riki82

I think this game will scale the charts!!!
You did a great job and you deserve it!!!