Ad Colony iOS/Android (Unsupported by Original Developer)

Max Finch

They can't close an ad before it finishes.

sebstarr

Oh, OK. That makes sense.

Last question. What do I need  this V4VC Secret Key for - and if I need to put it into Stencyl, where?

As I've chosen Value Exchange/V4VC for the zone type.

Max Finch

I'm not understanding the question? Last I checked for both regular and V4VC it's just a zoneid

sebstarr

On the AdColony website. There's something called a "V4VC Secret Key".

I don't think it's needed. I was having some problems, setting it up. But, it seems like it's sorted now.

Just to confirm. I've got the Load AdColony block, on my menu scene (before the game scene).

This is Ok, right? I don't have to keep loading it, on every scene refresh/replay?

Max Finch

sebstarr

Great.

Just out of curiosity. When you're testing your app. How often do you see the rewarded video button appear?

I'm seeing it once, when I lose for the first time. But that's it.

I've lost about 10-15 times in a row, but the button didn't show again.

Is this normal? (It's still on the Test Ads setting)

Max Finch

Every time I die with 25 points or more it shows up.

Max Finch

V4VC has a limit that you set, make sure you set that up correctly. Also, if you've just enabled the ads it may take a while for them to start showing like they should.

havana24

Seems to work, thanks Max and Robin! :)
One question: All videos are in landscape mode? There is no way to have them in portrait?

Thanks again!
My Website: www.havana24.net

luismp

Max, if i do what you say and i only load adcolony once....only one ad is shown and i have to retart the game to see another ad (because i load it at my logoscene)...if i use the load block like if it was a cache ad block (using it before  show V4VC ad block) i can watch a video every time i want....not sure if this is a problem of the android implementation or what....but your method is not working for me on android.... in the other hand... the block to check if an ad is available sometimes returns false even when an ad is available , tested it using only show ad block without checking if it's available and the ad is shown as many times as i want....and if i use the block to check if video is available and i click "No" when the pop-up message appears it takes 1-2 min to the block "video is available" to return true again. And as a said before if i click yes when the pop-up message i can watch as many videos as i want (but always using the load ad block before calling an ad).

sorry for my english, i'm trying to explain my self the best i can xDD i dont know if you understand what im trying to explain...

sebstarr

^ I have this exact same problem.

But, I was using the test ads mode. So, I wasn't sure if that had a part to play with only showing one ad.

I've just taken it off test mode, just to see how often the button appears.

I'd be interested to know if the button will appear more often, if the load block is on the game screen. As I've put the block on the load screen, like you.

luismp

in fact, usually in most ad networks in test mode you should see as many ads as you want...the fillrate is affected only in live mode ...anyway in adcolony is somehow limited but you can see a lot of videos...in test mode i've seen 20 videos in a row.. and then i had to wait a couple minutes to be able to see another one..

edit: finally i got something similar to what max was saying. I load adcolony once at my logoscene. Then in a scene where i have my video button i use the show v4vc video block when that button is pressed. The only thing that is not working is the block "if ad with zone id is availabe". I first used it in my video button so if the ad is available and i press the button a video is shown... for some reason it only triggers once... so i removed that block and put it in a when drawing event in the following way: if ad is available draw "ad available"....and here is the weird thing... now if i press the button the pop up message to watch a video appears (so an ad is available) but my drawing event doesnt draw anything....it remains at false...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:08:12 am by luismp »

sebstarr

I don't think that test mode is a reliable reflection of the amount of ads you'd expect to see, in live mode.

If I could be guaranteed 20 ads per day. I wouldn't think twice about choosing AdColony.

But, I have a feeling that users won't get to see anywhere near as many...

luismp

I don't think that test mode is a reliable reflection of the amount of ads you'd expect to see, in live mode.

If I could be guaranteed 20 ads per day. I wouldn't think twice about choosing AdColony.

But, I have a feeling that users won't get to see anywhere near as many...

what i was  saying is that if in test mode you were sawing only one test ad ..there was something wrong because in test mode i can see a lot... obviously in live mode there will not be as many as in test mode. In the other hand i dont know you guys but i dont even get 1 cent per completed view.... i had heard great things about adcolony but maybe after all the effort of max and robin to get it working it doesnt pay as much as it used to... maybe in my country there are low paying campaigns (spain) ...anyone from US can tell how is it performing there?

sebstarr

^ Interesting.

I would have thought that you'd be looking at at least 1 cent+, per video.

As great as this idea is, to watch a video and get rewarded. Part of me feels like Interstitials every 4-5 goes, would maybe be a safer option (as there's less chance of them not showing - as there's so many of them available).