Grimore: Awakening

merrak

Do the game because you want to make a game and be part of a project.

I completely agree. This game sounds like it would be an enjoyable project to work on, but not a big money maker. If I only had a couple of projects on my plate, I would have joined simply to have some fun.

Seconded. In fact, contributing to another's project was one of the "how to deal with burnout" tips. Working on a well-managed project, even if little (or no) money is involved, can still be a valuable learning experience. If I were EGI, I may have pitched the project differently. I do think he's wise to be getting the discussion of financial matters out on the table early, but there were some other benefits that could've been expanded on.

thechaosengine

Purely out of curiosity (I have no interest in working on this), what does "sponsored" mean in this context?

UPDATE:

Here is a little demon that has been created by one of our artists. I hope I get feedback from this! Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:33:27 am by EliteGamesIndustries »

merrak

Neat design! But why is there no shading on the head, wings, and (our) left arm?

Neat design! But why is there no shading on the head, wings, and (our) left arm?

Sorry, I shouldve mentioned its a WIP at the moment!

ceosol

The shading looks inconsistent. Which direction is the light coming from?

The shading looks inconsistent. Which direction is the light coming from?

Its for concept art for the game, so dont worry, we will make it look correct.

merrak

That's helpful to note. ;)

Looks good so far!

That's helpful to note. ;)

Looks good so far!

Thank you! I will keep y'all updated!

GeorgeN

2D, 3D game? RPG? FPS? RTS?

2D, 3D game? RPG? FPS? RTS?

2d, mid-evil/fantasy, story mode. Rated T, eight months to complete.

GeorgeN

Previous projects? Previous experience managing a team of people? A design document for the game? 

Alexin

Quote from: EliteGamesIndustries
mid-evil/fantasy
Did you mean medieval? Or is it actually half evil?
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

thechaosengine

Purely out of curiosity (I have no interest in working on this), what does "sponsored" mean in this context?

Promoting