Full-Time Stencyler Journey (Original Post Not Updated)

ceosol

I'm trying to get more into the social media aspect so maybe I'll begin posting monthly again (or maybe not :D)

ceosol

Little update - I've been trying to pull back on doing contract work. It is just harder and harder to find clients that actually pay.

So instead, I am going to apply for a job opening at the local university. It will be a full time lecturer in animation and game design. Whether or not I get it, I still attribute the ability to apply - and having the confidence that I stand a chance in getting it - to Stencyl.

squeeb

Little update - I've been trying to pull back on doing contract work. It is just harder and harder to find clients that actually pay.

So instead, I am going to apply for a job opening at the local university. It will be a full time lecturer in animation and game design. Whether or not I get it, I still attribute the ability to apply - and having the confidence that I stand a chance in getting it - to Stencyl.
Good luck my friend! You deserve it!

ceosol

I was actually able to get an application together. From what I've heard, I am still in the running for the job.

I also have somewhat exciting news. I have this one grant-funded project I am working on. So far I am the only developer on it. I am actually using both Unreal Engine and Stencyl in combination with each other. We are submitting one grant tomorrow, another is due in June and a third is being submitted in October.

irock

I also have somewhat exciting news. I have this one grant-funded project I am working on. So far I am the only developer on it. I am actually using both Unreal Engine and Stencyl in combination with each other. We are submitting one grant tomorrow, another is due in June and a third is being submitted in October.
Congrats!

That's really interesting, what are you doing in Unreal vs Stencyl?

Jon

I'm also curious to hear what this "combination" of Unreal and Stencyl entails.

ceosol

Unreal is better with video playback calls. Stencyl is better with http requests. So I have an exercise app for seniors made in UE4 and it will be collecting usage data that caregivers can access through an app made in Stencyl :D

Edit: With unreal, the video player can be made as a textures and basically wrapped on to any object (even in 3D). It is a nice feature.