Reviving Battle City

Nikkita31

Yo.

OK. Now, really less lags.  I tried to reduce screen bounds to 1500 x 1500  because 2K with tons of actors will really slow down the game.

Play Game:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/32372

- Renegade Games

Bombini

Reminds me a bit of Firepower (Amiga 500) :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G4ngPXGGgw

Cool!

Nikkita31

Hello Bombini.

Yeah! I haven't tried that game but they look really similar. I like the Amiga movement a lot better though.
I made some update by adding some guys who plant bombs and bunkers.

I am planning to sell this game for $400 after finishing and getting a license including the complete source and all assets but I am currently fixing bugs.

What do you think?.. errrr.

regards,
Nikki 

Bombini

Hey,
i think diagonal movement and destructable obkects (trees, rocks) would advance the game a lot.
Regarding the price...i dont know how much time you invested.
Free game with ads is not an option?

Cheers!

Nikkita31

Hello Bombini.

I really like the diagonal movement.. so I guess if that happens, it's gonna be an 8 way movement which is absolute head splitting task for the animation part.   :-[ *sob*

I like  things that can be destroyed in a game then you might get some items after meeting some requirements.

Free Games is definitely OK or donation based but Selling this thing as a whole is a lot more awesome so we can create a new one.

- Renegade Games

Bombini

Hey,

dont add additional animations. Try "left" and "right" for nthis movement.
I dont think that it will look terrible.

Cheers!

Tennisers

the main problem for me with this is that it wasn't immediately clear where the health is, because it has a dark color that just blends in with everything else. you should maybe either tell people explicitly where the health is, or instead just make it contrast more with the rest of the screen.
edit: now that i played the more recent version, maybe the fading in and out emphasized the display more, so maybe that's fine

Nikkita31

Hi Tennisers

Yeah. It is actually confusing since the texts are so minimal. Sorry about that dark colored health stuff actually it is turning bright to dark red when your health gets low. ( just want to make this fancy..)  :P Yeah I'll take note of the contrast. I will consider all requests and the tank sound.. I am still looking for that tank sound. It is really difficult to find the good ones.

regards,
Renegade Games

Nikkita31

Hello Guys.

Just an announcement of some update.

Play Game:

- Renegade Games

merrak

Lag is finally gone :) I think it's coming along rather nicely.

I like the idea of destructible objects, but part of the fun is sniping enemies from behind the bushes  >:(

I do think the collision boundaries on the bushes should be adjusted, though. As it is, the edge of the tank snags on the corners of bushes--I can't imagine a heavy tank having trouble pushing past the few twigs at the edge of a bush.

Bombini

Huge improvement. Good job!
Let me get a bit more detailed about this whole hit boxes/destructable environment thingy.
You have to adjust the collision as mentioned before. Make it rather a bit smaller (not filling out the whole object). The player will get stuck and wont alsways understand why he/she got stuck.

Rather something like the red circle and not the current yellow:

Destructable environment: Let's take a look.
You have to be more consistent in what is an obstable and what not.
See the small bush with the question mark? Why cant i cross it while i can cross the medium rocks in green dotted circle).
Expecially while driving a tank. This is not logical.

I would also let allow the player to shoot a tree to have it burn down.
Let me know if you need help how to do it. It is very simple.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:57:52 am by Bombini »

Nikkita31

Hello Guys.

Merrak: Yeeeeah. That idea of sniping enemies behind bushes is absolutely fun. =) but programming is not. hehehe
OK I will take note of that Bush. Yeah... it is actually strange why this bush can't be pushed by tanks.. =) and even stranger it is indestructible. =)

Bombini: Yeah. That collision bounds is exactly what it should be. I did it rectangle. =) it's kind of annoying hehe. We will improve it later on.  Yeah burning Trees is absolutely fun. Sorry about the confusing rocks. I will change it later. Maybe the help I will be needing the most is about how to use lists. Man, I am still puzzled how to use this. =(

Anyway, since I have plenty of time to waste, I will try to add gundam-like character for a change... zzzz

-Renegade Gamez.

Nikkita31

Yeah.

And for the Lags.. I guess these things really helped improve the game play:

By the way Internet in our country is the worst. (3mbps max).. =(

1.) Double check the collision groups and minimize the actor's collision.
2.) Actors should not exit scene. Bullet killed after living screen.
3.) If..
      Otherwise if..
      Otherwise if..

instead of..

If..
If..
If..

4.) Minimize actors and they should be enough for the screen bounds. I really spend time pushing the limits of every scene and bombard it with many actors if possible.

5.) Limit damages and continuous cycles by using booleans.

-Renegade Games

Nikkita31

Hello.

Just an Update and added some fun.  >:(

PlayGame:

- RenegadeGamez

Nikkita31

Hello Guys.

This is just to announce an update of an old game but this is an expanded version of it. I just noticed that stencyl made some amazing stuff because the latest version seems to be a lot more stable compared to the previous ones. I removed most of the regions and replaced them with "distance between actors" now I can bombard the whole scene with actors without lags.

Play game:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/34117

- Renegade Gamez