Reviving Battle City

merrak

Updated version is great--no lag whatsoever, either. I like the destructible trees   8)

A suggestion:
The collision rules feel more logical than compared to the older version, but I think they are backward for the two obstacles in the image I attached. I'd expect a tank to be able to drive over the bush--crushing it in the process, but not drive over the rock. Maybe have small trees/bushes/anything the tank can roll over be flattened... just because it's fun to drive around and crush the terrain.   >:(

Nikkita31

Hi Merrak.

Yeah I've been wanting to do that. I think I will do that soon because right now I feel nauseated about the elements and it is confusing. There should be easier destructible things and other extras as well.

The flattened Idea is really great. I will add that soon. Merrak, Is there a way I can make this 2 player online? Because right now, making this game in multi-player mode is way beyond my knowledge I will definitely need expert help. I also have a partner helping me to do some codes here.

- Renegade Gamez

merrak

Hi Merrak.

Yeah I've been wanting to do that. I think I will do that soon because right now I feel nauseated about the elements and it is confusing. There should be easier destructible things and other extras as well.

The flattened Idea is really great. I will add that soon. Merrak, Is there a way I can make this 2 player online? Because right now, making this game in multi-player mode is way beyond my knowledge I will definitely need expert help. I also have a partner helping me to do some codes here.

- Renegade Gamez

I haven't seen a completed turn-based multiplayer game put together in Stencyl, but there have been a few works in progress. I haven't seen anything regarding real-time multiplayer. Google Play has a real-time multiplayer API that was mentioned in the forums last year:

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/realtimeMultiplayer#real-time_multiplayer_game_basics

I don't know if there's been any progress on an extension implementing this (or any other competing API)

Nikkita31

Hi Guys.

OK. I just added some minor things and characters to the game. Nothing too fancy.. but I would love to if I have the time. I hope you still find this amusing. It's really difficult to think about something unique.. but anyway, this is all for now..

Play Game:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/34117

-Renegade Quarters

merrak

I kept running over the hostages until I figured out they will walk to the tank :P It seems obvious now, but I suppose it does contradict typical video game "run over X to collect it" logic. This is looking pretty cool, though. It'd be awesome if you could get the enemies to work together... say the minefield setter tries to lure you into an ambush.

Do you have other types of objectives planned?

Nikkita31

Hi Merrak.

I forgot to inform players not to move when the hostages are approaching the player otherwise they'll get crushed. The collect logic is ok but there should be more into it. If items are collectible, there should always be a reason for example if it is a prerequisite of something or if it's a tool for unlocking something etc etc..

An ambush is definitely ok. I will think of an enemy that is capable of doing that. Doing a single level definitely takes time because the screen size is big. Tileset size here are 64x64 so it is also tedious.

For now, I don't have any clear objective in mind. The ideas are just all over the place but If I already have enough scenes and enemies, I'll organize everything soon.

- RenegadeQuarters.

Nikkita31

Hello Guys.

I am updating the game with some new maps and more time consuming fancy stuff etc.. etc.. zzzz...

-Renegade Quarters

Nikkita31

Hi Domagojbulat.

I appreciate that. Thing is we're so lazy to make new things and we're still looking for some fresh ideas in other games.

-RenegadeQuarters

ceosol

we're still looking for some fresh ideas in other games.

Does that mean you want to work on other games or that you want to incorporate ideas from other games into this one? :)

Nikkita31

Hi Ceosol.

I was busy for the past few days. How's everything going?..  If I have the time, I would like to work in other unique games because our games are just another style of an existing game.  I was kind of bored doing this sh*t hehe but I have to (so I can make sales and buy another license in the future). You have a game named "Drunk Stumble" I really like that one.

- Renegade Quarters.   

ceosol

You have a game named "Drunk Stumble" I really like that one.

I'd be happy to work on variations of that drunk idea with you. I do not have the time to make the graphics look good on my end.