Is online multiplayer like Worms possible with stencyl?

dzyothwrld

I'm not sure what kind of game Worms classifies as, is it real-time, turn based, or both? Whoever is familiar with the PC version of Worms Armageddon and the online multiplayer please let me know if this is possible with Stencyl. And this is planned for Android, IOS and Steam.

Anyway the following features are planned. So please let me know if any of these aren't possible with Stencyl.

Online lobby functions:
o   You can join games  or create your own game
o   Able to kick people from your game
o   Able to view someone‚Äôs profile
o   Chat function
o   Games categorized by country
o   Filter games by friends only
o   Password locked game

For in-game:
o   Game should pause to sync when players get too out of sync or temporarily disconnected.
o   Record stats like how much damage, how many kills and stuff for each player.
o   If possible voice audio communication with other players.

rob1221

It's technically possible but requires learning both client-side and server-side code.  There are some extensions that can help with the client-side part.

dzyothwrld

Can you tell me more?

TheIndieStation

If uts your first game, start with just local mechanics. This is way to advanced if you need to be told more about how this works.

dzyothwrld

I would be hiring someone do it for me . I just need to know if it's possible. And how long would it take someone to make?

TheIndieStation

If you wanna hire someone to finish this for you, you will need to have deeeeep pockets...

You will be asking a guy to build a game that took a full game studio a year if not more.

But yes, it would be possible.

dzyothwrld

Even just for the online multiplayer stuff? The rest of the game mechanics I can do myself.

TheIndieStation

Yup. Thats a hell lot of work, and then you would need to know how to make things network friendly

dzyothwrld

TheIndieStation

I recommend you to start with the basics and slowly build up your knowledge. It will only take a year to lesrn all the things you need to do =)

dzyothwrld

So you are able to make this kind of online multiplayer game?

TheIndieStation

I will need to read up with networking and image api, but yeah, as long as it is 2d and i have all the time in the world, it would be doable

dzyothwrld

How much would you charge someone for something like that? Curious.

TheIndieStation

Hourly rate which ranges from 10-30 euros.

dzyothwrld

And a guestimate of how many hours?