<but> and <bc> crashing game

Dreamling

Hello, I have a problem that the advance command crashes the game. It works fine until it comes to the <but>/<bc> command, then it just crashes. I have set an advance button and pointer.

Is this a known bug? Thanks!

Justin

Yes, if you're using the latest update of the engine, it is.

If you remove the current engine extension and then download the latest version again the issue should go away (because I was too lazy to release a new version, I instead patched the version that's already released...)

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Dreamling

It would appear that it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

Justin

You can check [stencyl workspace]/engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/ext/FlowScripts.hx and see if it still has the bug I removed.

Line 180 should start this function:
Code: [Select]
public function but():Void
{
dg.paused = true;
pointer = new AnimatedImage(style.animForPointer);
pointer.start(#if unity dg #end);
if(!skipLevel(2))
{
var snd:Sound = style.waitingSound;
if(snd != null)
Script.playSound(snd);
}
}

If you see "dg = null;" at the top, that's the issue.

If not, please run your game on flash and when the flash debugger error dialog pops up, copy the text and paste it here.

Dreamling

TypeError: Error #1009: Det går inte att få åtkomst till en egenskap eller metod för objektreferensen null.
   at dialog.core::AnimatedImage()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/AnimatedImage.hx:46]
   at dialog.ext::FlowScripts/but()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/ext/FlowScripts.hx:183]
   at dialog.ext::FlowScripts/bc()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/ext/FlowScripts.hx:196]
   at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
   at Function/<anonymous>()
   at dialog.core::DialogBox/executeTag()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/DialogBox.hx:537]
   at dialog.core::DialogBox/messageStep()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/DialogBox.hx:446]
   at dialog.core::DialogBox/update()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/DialogBox.hx:604]
   at dialog.core::Dialog/updateDialogBoxes()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/Dialog.hx:445]
   at dialog.core::Dialog/dialogUpdater()[C:\Users\Ghosty\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/com.polydes.dialog/src/dialog/core/Dialog.hx:166]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2378]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2580]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2573]

(At the top it says something along the lines of "a property or method is unavailable for the objectreferance null."

Justin

It's likely that you don't have your animated pointer set up.

[Dashboard sidebar] > Data Structures > [your dialog style] > Script Settings > Flow Scripts > Anim for Pointer

Dreamling

Yes!!! It worked!!! You're the best!! I can guarantee for sure that you'll have a donation incoming when I release my game!!! Thank you for all your hard work, it is much appreciated.