Stencyl Jam #16 - Unofficial Discussion

Donni11

@colburt187, I think the itch.io game jam function is way more organizes than Gamejolt. 
Peace

laserhosen

@colburt187, I think the itch.io game jam function is way more organizes than Gamejolt. 

+1 for itch.io. Here's a link: https://itch.io/docs/creators/game-jams

I'd also be wiling to chip in a bit for the prize pool!

colburt187

I do like itch, but I met gamejolt recently, really nice people, and they have offered to help spread the word about the jam, Gamejolt also has a bigger community as far as I know.

BrandonQ

Hey guys I'm willing to chip in the prize pool too.  Or if there's anything I can do to help, I definitely want in on this!

Donni11

@colburt187, Has the date for the jam been decided ?
Peace

CmdrWhitey13

@colbert187 Yea. GameJolt jam may be the way to go. @Letmethink has made an extension that allows for trophies and submitting scores. GameJolt usually uses a hash tag format for allowing projects to be under the one categeory.

colburt187

Nothing is decided yet, but i think it will be a week in October. Ill sort all the details next week, I'm on holiday right now ;)

darrigaz

Yay! I was wondering about this. I look forward to the Stencyl Jam every year. It's a really nice thing to connect with the community and actually make a finished product.

ceosol

I actually like the idea of doing it over one week instead of one month. My two previous entries I did in ~1 week, anyway.

tigerteeth

Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

CmdrWhitey13

For themes:

What about spooky or Halloween based?
Or fall, Thanksgiving based.

Based on the timeline given, 7-16 October.

Bhoopalan

That should be exciting!!

It would be great if I can team up with someone for graphics ;)
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

colburt187

For themes:

What about spooky or Halloween based?
Or fall, Thanksgiving based.

Based on the timeline given, 7-16 October.

The theme won't be announced until the first day of the jam, so nobody gets an unfair advantage.

colburt187

So details are, StencylJam 7-16th of October, Theme announced on the 6th of October.

1st  $300 plus Studio License
2nd $150 plus Studio License
3rd $50 plus Studio License

The winners will be judged by some judges.

The Jame will be hosted on Gamejolt but there will also be a forum post in stencyl to show games and discuss projects.

Natrium

In my opinion, a week is really too short, especially for students like me. I'm not sure I'll be able too make something…