Melee attack question

gly122

Hi guys,

i am trying to setup a shoryuken type of move in my game to attack but come across couple problems.

1. while the animation of shoryuken was performing, i can still do jump/right or left moving in the air. I am wondering how to block this?

2. the hit confirm. unlike the bullet/fireball, i can create a hit trigger whenever they hit the enemy. i cannot set my player as that, because this will cause my player run into the enemy and kill them by just touching them. Any suggests of this type of melee attack setup?

thank you guys so much in advance!

JeffreyDriver

Hi guys,

i am trying to setup a shoryuken type of move in my game to attack but come across couple problems.

1. while the animation of shoryuken was performing, i can still do jump/right or left moving in the air. I am wondering how to block this?

2. the hit confirm. unlike the bullet/fireball, i can create a hit trigger whenever they hit the enemy. i cannot set my player as that, because this will cause my player run into the enemy and kill them by just touching them. Any suggests of this type of melee attack setup?

1. Booleans. you can check if a 'shoryuken' is being performed. If so, prevent other movement.

2. Sorry, I don't quite understand?
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

gly122

Hi guys,

1. Booleans. you can check if a 'shoryuken' is being performed. If so, prevent other movement.

2. Sorry, I don't quite understand?

Thanks.

the second, i mean for the bullet, i just followed the crash course and and set up a trigger "HIT" to minus enemy's HP whenever collision happened between the bullet and enemy. But i don't want to make the same to the player, because that means the player can just run into the enemy and kill it. i only want my player to reduce enemy's HP whenever he performs a melee attack and hits the enemy. how could i set up a hit event between a melee attack and the enemy?

Itsmelee

when your fireball animation is playing set to a different collision, (make a new collision that will only hit what you want it to hit..)
name it something like "fireball" make it collide with "enemy"..... then your player should be set to a different collision

also remember you can have more than one collision on a player like a hand could collide with an enemy and kill it when the punch animation is playing and the body could have a collision that an enemy can kill, so if you got too close you would be hit but if the hand hit the enemy it would hit the enemy

is this what your talking about??

gly122

when your fireball animation is playing set to a different collision, (make a new collision that will only hit what you want it to hit..)
name it something like "fireball" make it collide with "enemy"..... then your player should be set to a different collision

also remember you can have more than one collision on a player like a hand could collide with an enemy and kill it when the punch animation is playing and the body could have a collision that an enemy can kill, so if you got too close you would be hit but if the hand hit the enemy it would hit the enemy

is this what your talking about??

Thank you, that's really helpful.

I am wondering for one animation of my player, there are multiple frames, i want my player and enemy to collide when it's the fifth frame. is it possible to do so?

Thanks!

Exportforce

Yip in the Actor-Section.

Itsmelee

yep thats the one  ;D