Any way to add a behaviour to multiple scenes at once?

JeffreyDriver

I've suddenly realised that I need to create and attach a new behaviour to every scene in my game. Now I can't select multiple scenes when attaching a behaviour, so do I now have to do this one by one for all 150+ scenes?
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Bombini

Hi Jeffrey,

not that i know of.
One thing which might help depending on how much you have to configure the behaviour (assuming in this case a lot):
Copy the scene 150 times, rename it, copy paste the levels in. This is obviously more work if you just want to attach a baehaviour (which i guess is what you want).

Maybe some meta file edit would bring you to what you want? In which file are the behaviours listed?

Cheers!

JeffreyDriver

Thanks Bombini. I guess I'll just add it manually. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Lesson learnt I suppose. In future I'll just add a blank behaviour to every scene by default as I go along, just in case.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

LIBERADO

I've suddenly realised that I need to create and attach a new behaviour to every scene in my game. Now I can't select multiple scenes when attaching a behaviour, so do I now have to do this one by one for all 150+ scenes?
Usually, this is a problen for me too. In fact, I think it is a common problem.
Often, any game developer needs to update his games by adding them new features, and this could require to attach more behaviors to all scenes. For this reason, the ability to add new behaviors to multiple scenes simultaneously is an essential feature which should be possible to save a lot of time and avoid a lot of tedious, slow and repetitive work.
I think it should be implemented in Stencyl, so it would be a great suggestion in the Issue Tracker
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

merrak

I think it should be implemented in Stencyl, so it would be a great suggestion in the Issue Tracker

I agree. I've had this happen before too. It'd be a useful addition.

Usually I just tack code onto an existing behavior. There might be a way to do it by editing the project xml files themselves... but unless someone who already knows how to do that comes along, I can see sinking more time into that project than it would to just plow through the scenes one by one.

JeffreyDriver

I actually did suggest this some time ago - http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?issue=997.0 but posted the question here in case anyone had a work around.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk