The Binding Force Demo

Legendary Hoamaru

One word: Awesome.

More words: So far, I think the left and right movement when jumping could be a little tighter, but that is more of a personal preference.

Epic428

It is amazing, however, very frustrating, probably because I try to rush through some parts and don't take my time.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Jon

One word: Awesome.

More words: So far, I think the left and right movement when jumping could be a little tighter, but that is more of a personal preference.

Agreed on this count. I died more than a few times because I traveled farther than I expected, particularly in some of the areas that required tighter maneuvering.

What I've played so far is excellent and in line with the major uptick in polish and production values among the forerunning games. I feel that we're entering the true second generation of Stencyl games as those who saw success in the first spree have learned a bit and have ratcheted up the bar to the next level.

Blob

I played through the whole thing, very nicely made. I agree the controls feel a little slippery due to a lack of slowdown on ground and in air, but other than that it definitely raises the bar around here. Keep up the good work and good luck in the competition!

~ Blob

irock

Thanks for the kind words!

I'll tighten up the controls. It's a little too late to update them for the competition though.

Justin

It seems like I've been waiting forever to play this. The wait was worth it though. Just played through to the end of the demo, and it was fantastic. I'm just itching to keep on exploring...

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

tabletop

I'm using my itouch up in Boston right now. I really wish I was home to play this lol.

Darkhog

Bug report. In Kuanzo Temple (first scene) on slower machines like one at my university block near the exit (this one which you unlock by pressing big red button) sometimes going through floor. You should enable continous collision detection for these brown dynamic blocks.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

irock

What are the specs for the computer you played it on, Darkhog? The block doesn't even move that fast, so I'm sort of shocked.

PixelPusher said in the comments, "Saving would be better if the game saved permanently instead of temporary". I'm using the included saving/loading blocks, and I still have my save from yesterday. If you start a new game it will overwrite your previous save; maybe you did that?

Jon

When you push the blocks, are you doing it entirely through physics, through pushing or velocity setting of the player?

Darkhog

I think he's uses physics as on my home computer it works fine. And as for that school computer... I bet it doesn't have even 1GHz.

Darkhog

Also game lags a bit even on my pretty new computer (Intel Core2Quad Q9450 2.86GHz, Geforce 9600GT, 4GB RAM)

irock

When you push the blocks, are you doing it entirely through physics, through pushing or velocity setting of the player?
Physics. The only behavior the block has is stuff for the landing sound.

almyki

The game is beautiful, I really love the colors and the spring flowers and everything; it's a joy to play, even if I keep dying over the stupidest things XD .  I like the music I've heard so far too, and I found the controls easy to get the hang of.

But I'll raise my hand and say I get the same glitch as darkhog!  The block went straight through the floor when I pressed the button, so I had to kamikaze in the lava to try again, and it happened again!  It seems I can't get further without that block, so I'm stuck )= .  It sounds like it's working for other people though (apparently I can eventually find coins and weapons XD ) so maybe I'll go back and retry later.  I use a Samsung N120 netbook (I don't know if that tells you anything), and I tend to have a ton of tabs and documents open in the background, so maybe that's an issue.

<3 ali
dA |

Skills:  Drawn art, writing/story concepts, drawn backgrounds.
Preferred Games:  Visual Novels, RPGs, Simulations, Sandboxes, Dress-Ups
Current Projects:  Pokepet Eevee!