Encountered errors while building your game

manuelmad

Hi.

I'm just starting to use Stencyl, I followed the tutorial step by step and created the Noni and Clown game with the kit they provided me. But when I click on "Test Game", a window saying that "Encountered error while building your game" appears.

I checked everything I did and seemed well, I want to know if Imissed any step or if I need to install another program in my laptop for the games to run.

I created a log as the program adviced me to.

Thanks in advance

manuelmad

Anybody?

Level:     ERROR
When:      2021-01-16 17:25:03:183

Failed: Building for Flash. (Return code: -1073741515)

Luyren

Go to Tools > Game > Clean Project and Cleanup Unused Files, then try again. You should also test on HTML5. If you still have this problem afterwards, generate a new set of logs and post them here.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

manuelmad

Greetings. Ok. I did everything you told me to, and still got the same error on screen. So I generated a new log and attached it here. I tried to run 2 games on flash and then 1 of them on HTML5:

When:      2021-01-26 13:25:38:124

When:      2021-01-26 13:25:38:124

Encountered errors while building your game.: Check your logs and post them to the forums.  - Please describe what you have been doing. Be as specific as possible.

When:      2021-01-26 13:34:18:418

This platform requires OGG sounds: Jump

When:      2021-01-26 13:34:18:418

Error: This platform requires OGG sounds - Import your sounds as OGGs. The problematic sound will now open up.

When:      2021-01-26 13:37:48:052

Error: Incompatible Sound Type - Only MP3 and OGG files are supported.

When:      2021-01-26 13:38:09:063

Failed: Building for HTML5. (Return code: -1073741515)

When:      2021-01-26 13:38:09:063

Encountered errors while building your game.: Check your logs and post them to the forums.  - Please describe what you have been doing. Be as specific as possible.

Luyren

The logs you posted only mention the issue with the scales. Again, Clean Project and Cleanup Unused Files.

I couldn't find in the logs the messages in your previous reply. That sounds like an error warning before the game compiles, and it says there Stencyl opens the sound files that are presenting an issue. You need to add an OGG version of your sounds into your game. Use Audacity to convert your sounds to the OGG format and import those.
Twitter

manuelmad

Ok let's focus and only 1 of the games: the noni and clown game.

When I try to run it on flash, the errors I get are these ones:

When:      2021-01-28 21:45:58:235

When:      2021-01-28 21:45:58:235

But when I try to run it on HTML5,  I get  these:

When:      2021-01-28 21:44:24:136

This platform requires OGG sounds: Jump

When:      2021-01-28 21:44:24:136

Error: This platform requires OGG sounds - Import your sounds as OGGs. The problematic sound will now open up.

The thing is that I got those sounds from a kit that was available in a tutorial, so I don't have the mp3 file to convert it to OGG.
I've even created a game with only 1 scene with nothing in it and tried to test it on flash, so I can test stencyl, and got the same error. So I don't know if the problem is something about my laptop features, maybe not powerful enough.

Luyren

If it's happening even with a blank game, I'd hazard I guess that something went wrong with the installation. I've seen that bizarre error code before, but I don't remember what the issue ended up being.
1- Clean your logs (under Tools),
2- Test a blank game with only one scene on Flash. Regardless if you get the error or not, test then on HTML5. Generate your logs afterwards and post them here.
3- Redownload and reinstall Stencyl. You can simply delete the Stencyl folder were you installed it (I personally have a folder in my desktop with different version of Stencyl). Says in your previous logs that you're running on Windows 7, so make sure you got the version appropriate for your OS (32/64 bits). Try compiling a blank game again afterwards, and report back if it persists.
Twitter