Stencyl 2.1 - (Released May 25th)

hansbe

There is one thing I think would be nice to have amended :

Currently collision shapes for tiles isnt bundled with the tilesets, but the game. It would be easier if it could be bundled with the tilesets as well, especially when importing/exporting.

Legendary Hoamaru

just tried the new update and I Think I discover some bugs and got some questions.
The first thing I noticed when I went to the scene designer is that some of my actors are flipped.
Here are some screen shots:

As you can see the spikes are flipped horizontally

Hey just a heads up, but I've made it so Stencyl fixes this automatically coming from 2.0 or earlier versions.

If you fixed this manually using 2.1, you might have to rotate this again.  If you are familiar with XML editing, you can prevent the actors from being automatically rotated by changing the "format" attribute of the scene's xml file from "1.0" to "2.1" (In your scene folder, you'll see a listing of scene xml files in the format of 1.xml, 2.xml, etc...).

If you went back to using 2.0, you shouldn't have to do anything if you didn't save that scene in 2.1.  I could also adjust your scene files myself if you aren't familiar with XML editing and don't mind sending the game over PM.

osiaslemuel

@
Legendary Hoamaru
Yes, I went back to 2.0, Anyway Thanks for offering your help
:D

PrunePlum Games

Any ETAs yet? There's a feature in 2.1 that will let me make my actual game.

This coming week. We're just about done and I'm going to do a general public call out to test today or tomorrow.
Great! Stencyl is probably one of my favorite applications   :)

Jon

Updated again. Releasing this Friday.

Part 2 of 2: Inspector

hansbe

I went from 2.0 to the 2.1 nightly today and when I play my game, if I havent opened the scene in the scene editor and saved first, all actors in the scene appear shifted one tile left and UPSIDE DOWN. (Which was kind of hilarious really jumping around on the head, stomping enemies :) )

Xietao

Updated again. Releasing this Friday.

Part 2 of 2: Inspector
Really? :D
After realesed also...
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

Xietao

Compare Stencyl 1.0 with Stencyl 2.1 ;D
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Legendary Hoamaru

I went from 2.0 to the 2.1 nightly today and when I play my game, if I havent opened the scene in the scene editor and saved first, all actors in the scene appear shifted one tile left and UPSIDE DOWN. (Which was kind of hilarious really jumping around on the head, stomping enemies :) )

:P This was my mistake, forgot not to translate actors with 0 angle by 180.  Fixed in new version.

PoisonArrow

Is there a linux version?

All I see is a mac version, a windows version and another mac version...

Xietao

Is there a linux version?

All I see is a mac version, a windows version aYesnd another mac version...
Yes, The second mac version is the linux version.
I replied about this.
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Xietao

Can also add a up/down button to configure X/Y of actor... ;) to increase/decrease X/Y
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Rob

For finer grain control, you can use keyboard up and down arrows to move the actor in a more precise manner.

Linux wording also corrected in original post.
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title

Xietao

When zooming using the background show the background does slide in the scene view.
See: Sorry for the images
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Legendary Hoamaru

Can also add a up/down button to configure X/Y of actor... ;) to increase/decrease X/Y

If you are talking about the inspector, you can use the up and down keys to change x/y when in the textbox (rather than typing in new value).