Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Loving Linux...

Gemini

Placing out of bounds objects just made me so happy.

Im glad I bought pro. Its a shame I havent had time to use it fully yet though  :(

Im really looking forward to hearing what you guys have planned for 3.0    I would give a kidney to be a fly on the wall of those discussions.

Daedalon

Thanks for the awesome and free program suite, Stencyl. This thread and the roadmap show that the development of the core program is headed in a very good direction. I would like to suggest a few small but important things to improve with Pencyl, the bundled image editor.

I would love Pencyl to show the current X and Y coordinates of the mouse over the image. Ideally when doing a selection, it would also show the relevant info about the selection: beginning and starting coordinates and the size of the selection. IrfanView is an example of a software where this behavior is implemented.

Having custom zoom levels would help when you want something between 8x and 16x, which come with quite a leap between them. The background tiles should either be the same size as the grid tiles with the current zoom level or way smaler. Currently their size isn't affected by the zoom level, their position does not match the grid tiles, and they're slightly more wide than high. On 16x zoom level each grid tile is 2 background tiles wide and approximately 2.1 background tiles high. Having one 16x tile be filled with either only 1 or many, for example 5x5 background tiles, would be better.

Show Grid would work best as a button in the user interface with a keyboard shortcut. Currently it always requires clicking through the menu.

What are the chances these would be implemented in the next updates?

Xietao

Also upgrade Pencyl
It's the unique program can use to make circles, squares...
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Xietao

It's really tomorrow?
3h to coming 8)
Free Time:
Loving Linux...

Jon

Show Grid would work best as a button in the user interface with a keyboard shortcut. Currently it always requires clicking through the menu.

"G" does that (check the View > Scene menu)

Jon

2.1 update is now live. Installers will go up later tonight. And tomorrow, we'll do the usual news push.

Ryusui

Just a word of caution: it looks like the updater isn't updating the localization files properly or something. I'm getting a lot of "Missing" strings in the interface - pretty much every new feature, like the Import/Export Game buttons and the new Scene Designer features say "Missing" instead of whatever they're supposed to.

Windows 7 64-bit here, BTW, if that helps.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Jon

Redownload 2.0 and upgrade now - I forgot to upload the updated language strings.

Ryusui

Rock on. Thanks!
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Jon

Pre-Built Installers are now out too.

Photics

Pre-Built Installers are now out too.

Stencyl 2.1... I like it!  :D
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

Shane74340

Awesome work! Excited about 2.1. iOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4S jailbreak was also released today.

Dizko

2.1 looks great, this should improve my productivity a bit  8)