Stencyl 2.1 - (Released May 25th)

neovive

Great News!!  The new scene designer is excellent.  Regarding the Roadmap, the blog post mentions Android support coming in Stencyl 3, but the web Roadmap (http://www.stencyl.com/stencyl/roadmap/) mentions Android support as part of 2.5 in July?  Is the unified coding system planned as part of 2.2 or 2.5 or 3.0?  Thanks.

rob1221

I'm guessing that since the upgrade is so significant the Stencyl team renamed 2.5 as 3.0.

Joe

I'm guessing that since the upgrade is so significant the Stencyl team renamed 2.5 as 3.0.

Yep!

neovive

That makes sense.  I've been holding off on porting a major cross-platform project from another SDK until the unified engine is complete.  I'm hoping it's still on target for July, which is why I've been inquiring.  I'm very eager to get started, but I don't want to have to redo all of my work to port to the new engine.

Ryusui

Still some missing strings in 2.1, BTW. The menu in the bottom-right of the Behavior Editor has four entries marked "missing" - three in a row (corresponding to the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Slash, Ctrl+0, and Ctrl+9) and a fourth under Show/Hide Sidebar (corresponding to Ctrl+G).
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

SuperMario2207

*Place object out of bounds*
Do after 30 seconds
Enable [gravity] for [self]
^ Now possible.
:|        :\
:/        :]                             
:}        :)
:D       =D
XD     <XD

Joe

That makes sense.  I've been holding off on porting a major cross-platform project from another SDK until the unified engine is complete.  I'm hoping it's still on target for July, which is why I've been inquiring.  I'm very eager to get started, but I don't want to have to redo all of my work to port to the new engine.

If you stick to blocks, most everything will "just work" with the new engine, with little-to-no work on your part.

The progress Jon is making is incredible. :)

Jon

Still some missing strings in 2.1, BTW. The menu in the bottom-right of the Behavior Editor has four entries marked "missing" - three in a row (corresponding to the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Slash, Ctrl+0, and Ctrl+9) and a fourth under Show/Hide Sidebar (corresponding to Ctrl+G).

Hmm, not seeing this. Anyone else?

Legendary Hoamaru

There was a rotation bug still lurking that I've taken care of (reported on facebook).  This is fixed in the latest nightly but we should probably update the official version.

Ryusui

Hmm, not seeing this. Anyone else?

Here's a screenshot.

Jon

Yeah, I'm not seeing that on my copy (my non-dev copy that is that I updated from 2.0 to 2.1).

Rob

I'm seeing the missing strings (exactly the one shown by Ryushi above) when I update from 2.0 to 2.1.

However, it is OK if I install 2.1 directly.

I'm on win-xp.

Any underlying files under stencyl folder I can check to verify this?
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title

Ryusui

Look in the lang/en directory; that's where the English localization files are.

And I can confirm that installing 2.1 directly doesn't give me the problem. There's something wrong with the updater still.

kiwixoats

I couldn't install the new release because my antivirus detected the Stencyl 2.1 .exe to be a W32.Suspicious.Heur.File???