free tilesets for your games.

coleislazy

Moved to chit-chat with the hope that the user actually wanted to discuss something. We'll see.

Murad

I'm really confused.

Blob

I love tilesets.

Hectate

Sets of tiles, occasionally free... what's not to like?

Gentlemen, today, I would like to offer you a brand new free* tileset! Check out this nifty new tileset that YOU (yes you dear reader!) can download for your very own games! The latest in tileset sales technology can automagically provide you with the choice of only the tiles you need! Why pay for all the unnecessary fluff that you'll never use?

*Basic tileset is available for free, with additional tiles available for unlocking. Inside corners for $2, Outside corners for $5, background and foreground objects $0.50 per tile or $10 for the set of objects. Additional themes available as downloadable content Bonus Packs also.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Nomosoft

*Basic tileset is available for free, with additional tiles available for unlocking. Inside corners for $2, Outside corners for $5, background and foreground objects $0.50 per tile or $10 for the set of objects. Additional themes available as downloadable content Bonus Packs also.

What am I missing, here? I feel like there should be a post somewhere in this thread that puts the one above in context. Was someone in here giving away "free" tilesets with silly restrictions? I recognize the photo as one of DanC's free tilesets, and I know he doesn't do stuff like that. I feel confused, and lost. Also, a little lonely. Maybe hungry.

debugdesign

I recognise that 'free' tileset too...
Game Graphics For Budding Game Developers - http://www.graphic-buffet.com

Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/debugdesign

Hectate

I found the thought of "freemium" tilesets amusing, and given that this thread was a bit generic but on-topic of free tilesets, I threw it together quickly as a joke. Yes, the image is from Lost Garden - npbody is actually selling this hers.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

CrimsonThunder

What am I missing, here? I feel like there should be a post somewhere in this thread that puts the one above in context. Was someone in here giving away "free" tilesets with silly restrictions? I recognize the photo as one of DanC's free tilesets, and I know he doesn't do stuff like that. I feel confused, and lost. Also, a little lonely. Maybe hungry.

I've seen that tileset too, I didn't want to say anything though because I thought his post might have been a bit sarcastic or something, like comparing it to DLC, you get one part but if you want more you have to pay extra.

Or maybe hes trying to rip people off, I dunno. :p

captaincomic

Now I want need those tiles.  :P

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

captaincomic

I wasn't serious. (See the tongue-poking smiley :P)

jenyafio100

someone can have tilesets?

rob1221

someone can have tilesets.

Hectate

someone can have tilesets!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.