Stencyl Game Jam at Newgrounds - $1,400 in prizes - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Satyre

How is it being tracked that the game comes from Stencyl? If someone has the Pro version then all licensing is removed?

Using "stencyl" and "stencyljam2012" as a tag would be enough I think. There are not many games tagged with "Stencyl" and it wouldn't take too much time to find all games for the competition.

Miasmos Games

I would imagine it has something to do with badge that is added and the fact it could only be added via stencyl?
How is it being tracked that the game comes from Stencyl? If someone has the Pro version then all licensing is removed?
I don't imagine it would be hard to add in plain AS3. It's just an image after-all which links through to the New Grounds page. Unless I'm missing something.

Using "stencyl" and "stencyljam2012" as a tag would be enough I think. There are not many games tagged with "Stencyl" and it wouldn't take too much time to find all games for the competition.

My point was more that someone could make a game outside of Stencyl, then claim it was made with Stencyl to enter the competition, you can tag it with "stencyl" and "stencyljam2012" regardless of whether it's actually made in Stencyl or not.

Cupcake Bounce

MyChairHasALooIn

I'm going to aim firmly for july 10th and enter the robot day contest too :)

Good luck all!

Satyre

My point was more that someone could make a game outside of Stencyl, then claim it was made with Stencyl to enter the competition, you can tag it with "stencyl" and "stencyljam2012" regardless of whether it's actually made in Stencyl or not.

Ok thats true, but there will be some obvious things that can let you know that the games were made with stencyl like the transitions, the physics, the flixel console, no vector based animations etc. but this will not be 100% reliable for sure :)

martigas

siick.. im in.. im in the middle of finishing my first game in stencyl and first game ever actually.. lol but think ill just go in for fun.. but will make it sick ;)
good luck to all that are going to submit a game ;)

Mathias Artigas

ablr

It's usually pretty obvious when a game is made with Stencyl or not.

Jon

Satyre presents the most obvious clue - the Flixel console, unless it's disabled is perhaps the very easiest way to tell.

Epic428

Besides, Stencyl is an extremely powerful tool that it is capable of designing a large variety of games. I would also think that there will be enough honest people that it wouldn't be an issue, not to mention that if a game won and was made without the use of Stencyl, it would have to be made by someone who has already made many successful games.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

SWATLLAMA

They should require the stencyl splash screen.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Innes

They should require the stencyl splash screen.

That would be very easy to fake in any development tool.

I bet it would be very easy to check by looking at the swf contents. I bet Jon could tell in a 'Flash'!
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

rob1221

Just make showing the admins your game folder a requirement to collect any winnings.  Problem solved.

EDIT:  An even easier solution may be uploading the game on stencyl.com; would that be proof enough?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:02:17 pm by rob1221 »

TheTvdroid

wow, looks epic how do u join????

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

sonicspeed53

I SHALL ENTER! (I'll Probably Lose Though...)

Underscore

Definitely going to enter! awesome opportunity for a first game