Help with Sprites (Resolved)

ACLP15

I'm making a game with Megaman X sprites but I don't want the character to shoot things, I want him to punch. Can someone help me? I can upload a version of my sprite if needed. Oh and I may need help with the adding of a punch behavior in the run and jump style game. Thank you for any help.

Now I found another problem that may be simpler. My wall slide and my fall animations are running together. How do I stop it?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:53:46 pm by ACLP15 »

Satyre

Try to disable the shooting in the code and switch the animation to a punch animation with a specific collision shape that the enemies can detect as an attack.

For the wall slide and fall animations, I would create a game attribute boolean that you use to deactivate the falling when you use your wall slide. Something like:
If wall slide is active > set the boolean to true
And put a if not boolean active code before your falling code.

Here is the sprite you might need. I put some parts together from the existing sheet.

ACLP15

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  :D

I hate to ask more of you, but is there a way you could simplify it for me? I started about 2 days ago, so I don't quite understand what you mean for the codes. I know about the collision boxes

Satyre

No problem.

Can you add your behaviours to the attachment? I'll try to change them and add comments into them.
You just have to add a game attribute (Boolean) at the GameCenter under settings. Call it "stop falling when sliding" and I'll add comments in the behaviours you send me, where you have to paste that boolean. I hope it works. Otherwise you can send me a sample project and I'll add it directly.

ACLP15

I don't think I can add the behaviors. When I go to the folder with them in it only has their pictures and descriptions.

But I added the boolean :)

Satyre

Ok, just right click on the behaviours and export them to your desktop, then you can add them to the attachment of the message.

ACLP15

Ok so I exported them and they came out as .png Images. I'm not sure if that's what you need, so I'll attach them just in case

Sorry it took a bit to respond, I had to walk my dog

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:03:23 pm by ACLP15 »

Satyre

Hi, I compared your behaviours with the ones from the stencylforge and saw that there are many parts deleted. Can you try this 2 behaviours first, before I will work on the additions, maybe the missing code blocks are the reason for your problem.

ACLP15

I downloaded the platform mover pack from stencyl forge, it didn't work. I couldn't use the ones you uploaded because the were only images. :/

Satyre

You can open the actor behaviours tab in stencyl and just pull the behaviours into the tab, if this doesn't work, then rename the behaviours that you want to replace with another name and try to pull the behaviours into the tab after that.

I would recommend to download the game "Jump and Run plus". The Platform movement and the wall sliding works very fine in this project and you can easily just replace the actors with your graphics.

ACLP15

The run and jump plus I found, By Greg, had wall hanging and no sliding and the drag and drop thing didn't work :/

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:52:19 pm by ACLP15 »

Satyre

Hi, I think the Jump and Run Plus should be ok, just deaktivate the "Ledge Hang" Behaviour and activate the "Wall sliding" Behaviour and the movement should be like in Megaman X.

You only have to adjust the wall jumping strength down, cause it is to high.

ACLP15

Sweet it worked.

I figured out what went wrong, The collision boxes were messing up

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:30:30 pm by ACLP15 »

Satyre

Great :) I hope you show us some screens of your project. A punching character in a jump'n run sounds interesting and funny.

ACLP15

I hope people like it, because I want to have it done in time for NG's Stencyl Jam.
It'd be nice to win

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:54:08 pm by ACLP15 »