Blasting Force is now released!

NobodyX

Thanks NobodyX! I'm thinking of adding a wavy movement to the boomerang. What do you think?
I wrote something too long about this. I erased it and I'll replace it with: go for it!

Does anyone else feel the need for a forward roll? The problem with it is that it would mean adding more buttons to the layout. I want to keep it playable with only one hand. And I also feel uncomfortable adding a game changing mechanic to an almost finished game. Maybe in the sequel? ;)
I see no reason for a forward roll. I like that I can play the game with one hand!

And lastly: has anyone been able to defeat the game. Have you gotten to the boss fight?
Yep! Just did! Beat the game, whoo! Liked the ending. :)

One bug that happened a few times: when I get hit and after I blink for a bit, for some reason I turn invisible for 3 secs or so.

Hypnohustla

NobodyX: I'm fixing the flickering bug in the next update. And I'm going to try adding the movement for the boomerang.

Lympha: That's definetly a flaw in the shop. It's going to be a pain in the ass to implement but it's something that I know has to be done.
About the agility, you just have to play a different character if you want faster movement. The downside is ofcourse the starting health. Or you could always save coins for the mystery item in the shop... ;)
Follow me on Twitter

Hypnohustla

Game updated!

Changelog:
-Added a progression bar for the shop icons. Image below.
-Fixed the flickering bug
-The medals of honor now give you every single upgrade and make you invincible for a short time

Other:
I tried adding the wavy movement for the boomerang but it crashed the game too many times so I removed it. I'm aiming to add it in the next update.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:39:22 am by Hypnohustla »
Follow me on Twitter

Lympha

Nice update, but once again, I do have some criticism. First of all, it's the fact that the progress-bar (which was uniquely done, I have to say) doesn't show up anymore after one round, I thought that was definitely one of the major issues.
Further more, some death issues; when you die and get a health pack (which brings your health back to one bar), you still die, this seems, even though logical, still bugging, it's be more realistic if your weren't actually able to pick those packs up anymore. My solution would be that upon death, you just fall down, as a death animation would be nice to have anyways, and go down as fast as the level; so characters, floor and more importantly, the medical-kit. Further, when you die, you still have the ability to shoot, it'd be better, in my opinion, if you couldn't shoot when you're health is zero. Lastly, it's dying when you have coins in front of you, this is extremely de-motivating, to have earned 10000 points and let them get shot away. I think it'd be better if there are; or more coins in throughout the entire stage with a higher prices; or coins being deposited right away. I'd definitely go for the first option as it seems a bit of a tedious work to get coins now, I'd recommend to have the prices go down anyways, and perhaps let them be higher on each upgrade.

Besides criticism, I do also have a request, which is pretty important, I believe. It'd be cool to have the game save your progress automatically and I think it's actually a really important feature for the game to have, I probably represent most gamers, musicians, animators, writers or whatever, when I tell you how much it can suck to lose progress.

Over-all, nice update, I don't really think the boomerang is that important, as it's, at least in my opinion, probably the worst weapon you can get, but if you'd be adding any movement to it, I think it'd be cool to have it going into a more circular motion.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:56:12 am by Lympha »
Need criticism on a game? Don't hesitate to PM me.

Hypnohustla

Thanks Lympha. The game actually is autosaving, I dont know what happened. It could be that you were playing while I updated so it may have erased the save. I updated it a few times in the last hour because I noticed some tiny bugs.

I'm trying to think an alternative for the current coin system, I have one in mind but it will take some time to implement. Something like having a "payday" every 10000 points and the amount of coins would be measured with how long it took to get to the 10000 points. So bigger paychecks for better playing.

Edit: I just updated a fix for the shop icons, the games were saving properly but the animations just were bugged.

Also now when you throw grenades at the mines they give out 200 points.   
Follow me on Twitter

hansbe

I enjoyed this. It somehow reminded me of "Commando" on C64. Back in the days ..

Could I suggest that the character can have a little bit more freedom to move up and down on the screen ?

Hypnohustla

Hansbe, yes you could.

I'm moving now and I'm getting internet back up in our new apartment in a week. So no new updates until then. Hopefully it will be the last update and the game will be finished!
Follow me on Twitter

Hypnohustla

Just updated the game. Unfortunately it isn't the last one because most of the music is still missing...

Changelog:

- New coin system. Now you get coins every 5000 points and the amount is measured in the length it took you to get there. You start with 3 coins as your salary and it decreases by one every minute. You also lose coins from your paycheck if you shoot civilians. Tell me what you think!

- Added random tutorial texts to the loading screen.
Follow me on Twitter

moltke

Looks good and genuine.
What is the plan for this? iOS?

Hypnohustla

moltke I'm seriously thinking about making Super Blasting Force for iOS. More enemies, upgrades, shop items etc...
Follow me on Twitter

coleislazy

Thanks to the recent payday change, I can actually get some coins at a decent rate, so I was able to seriously give the game a shot. No kidding, I played it for an hour straight. If that isn't a sign that its good, I don't know what is! I liked the ??? upgrade, by the way!

EDIT: It turned my ??? into a smiley.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:39:48 am by coleislazy »

Hypnohustla

Thanks coleislazy, very glad to hear that! :)
Follow me on Twitter

Hypnohustla

The game is now playable here for anyone who has an account at FGL: http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=24257

I have already received a bid but I'm waiting for better offers. The game now features all the music and other sweet stuff.

Follow me on Twitter

NobodyX

Congrats! Hope you get a million billion dollars for it.