Print blocks

osiaslemuel

I would love too see a "Delete all print blocks" option because it is very hard and time consuming to find and delete all the print blocks when you are ready to publish your game.  :D

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

ShivaFang

+1

Alternatively, it could be a publish option to not export print blocks when publishing, so that they stay in the code for exiting/updating purposes, but don't take up processing time in the release version.
Justin "ShivaFang" White
Aquamentos Games - The origin of challenging Strategy and Role-Playing Flash gaming!
Visit our Developer Blog and Google+ Page!

captaincomic

It's possible to disable the console with code:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,3689.msg24336.html#msg24336

I believe this will also remove the performance overhead of print statements.

ShivaFang

It's possible to disable the console with code:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,3689.msg24336.html#msg24336

I believe this will also remove the performance overhead of print statements.

Great!  We need a block for that for iOS (unless it's auto-disabled for iOS?)

If the console window is disabled, I hope the game skips print statements altogether for performance.
Justin "ShivaFang" White
Aquamentos Games - The origin of challenging Strategy and Role-Playing Flash gaming!
Visit our Developer Blog and Google+ Page!

osiaslemuel

Thanks, Ill try the code  :)

Epic428

We are looking into allowing two versions of a game, debug and release. This will make things easier, as I know I personally like to use a lot of print statements and it is monotonous deleting all of them. It will also allow for a more improved console design, that can be removed in a release version.

With the advent of Stencyl 3.0 and the unified engine, this will be a much more viable option to go with. ;)
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

coleislazy

Even when testing, I may not want to keep all of my prints enabled for every behavior. I propose a toggle to activate/deactivate every print block in the behavior, as well as a release version which automatically ignores all print blocks in every behavior.