StencylForge and Net Problem? [Hotspot Shield helps, ADSL router = culprit?]

prinsukun

Hello, StencylForge always showing me I have problem with my internet connection
however, my internet is fine.

I'm trying to follow the crashcourse  :'(

edit:
I forgot to say, I have vista os, and I also run stencyl as an administrator
i have the latest java too installed.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:59:03 am by Jon »

Darkhog

Maybe servers are overloaded again? I'll check on my side.

//edit: Hm... It's fine on my side. Please post logs as they might be crucial to determine what's wrong. Log generator you have under Debug menu.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

prinsukun

Strange !! I tried Hotspot Shield than it's work fine and perfectly!

but if i use my default internet ip (qatar) i can't use StencylForge  :-\
and say my connection got problems ?

anyway here the debug result:

Jon

This sounds like a pretty similar case to what Soulztwh is experiencing here:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,1027.0.html

There's something that's blocking StencylWorks from making an internet connection. My guess is that if adding firewall exceptions doesn't work, I wonder if being able to set a proxy server (if you have to work with things like that) is another option, especially for those at work or behind filtering systems.

prinsukun

Hotspot Shield works perfect, I'm able to download contents just fine  :D

another thing I noticed and weird, if i disable hotspot shield, opening stencyl.com website became so slow and sometime I ended been connection is timed up it's not just stencylforge, i tried another website to open they just opening fine except stencyl.com with my default connection from qatar.  ::)

Jon

I'm consulting with a few folks to see why the whole site would be like this when browsing through your local ISP. We are geographically far from Qatar (servers are in California).

prinsukun

I like to inform you guys, one of my friend from Qatar too, and he can enter stencylforge without any problem and he use default connection but without dlc router, but what i discovered so far those who use dlc router can't enter to stencylworks and got always time out or bad connection  :)

Jon

Interesting find. Could you explain what a DLC router is? (Google doesn't seem to pick up a good explanation)

prinsukun

oh sorry not DLC >< i was meaning ADSL lol

here an image:

also, another person from UAE not Qatar too he have the same my problem
with stencyl, he too have ADSL router he said.

Imnottelling

Hotspot Shield works perfect, I'm able to download contents just fine  :D

another thing I noticed and weird, if i disable hotspot shield, opening stencyl.com website became so slow and sometime I ended been connection is timed up it's not just stencylforge, i tried another website to open they just opening fine except stencyl.com with my default connection from qatar.  ::)
Here is something I descovered. When I use Google chrome, I can not connect and when i do it is extreamly laggy, like prinsukun mentioned, but when i use Windows Explorer, like im doing ATM, I dont have the problem. What browser do you use, Prinsukun?
Do you like waffles?
No.
Do you like pancakes?
NO! BE QUIET!!