Kits that come with stencyl

SPDApps

can i use the kits that come with stencyl and make it into a game to sell? like are they royalty free or somthing?

Joe

Welcome to Stencyl. Yes, the bundled materials are royalty-free.

SPDApps

so just to be sure i can take a kit improve on it and sell it?

Joe

You can build a game from a kit and sell it, royalty-free. Are you asking about reselling your improved kit itself?

SPDApps

ok here is an example i take the block kit add more levels and stuff then can i sell it?

Hectate

I imagine it would be difficult to sell a kit directly without significant changes. That's not to say it can't be done - but the kits are kind of like a game skeleton. You'll need to make it your own unique production to get anyone interested in it. Think of it in terms of value - anyone can get and use the kit, so it has no value. Thus, any value in your game is entirely from what you have added yourself. The more value you add to the kit, the more valuable it becomes to potential purchasers.

Sadly, a few new levels are not going to increase the value significantly.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

SPDApps

that was just an example im going to use the kit and add like more levels, power ups, leaderboards and stuff like that i just wanted to know if i could do that and sell it

Joe

Yes, you may do that. Hectate's just pointing out that you may have difficulty selling a game that's nothing more than an upgraded kit, particularly if you're reusing graphical resources.

SPDApps

i wont be that stupid i make my own graphics :D and thanks for your time

AJAB

I downloaded stencyl and didn't start of with any kits or example games ! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :-\ >:(