Events VS Behaviours- slow down?

jaystansfield

Hello.

Does using events on scenes and actors slow the game down more than say using behaviours for each scene and actor?

Epic428

Basically, whether in a behavior, actor, or scene, everything is an event of some sort. You either do something when a behavior, an actor, or a scene is created, updated, draws, collides, or some other custom "event" happens.

The short answer is no, they shouldn't.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

jaystansfield

Okay. I've just been having frame rate problems on certain computers when testing the game but not on others... I'll keep investigating.

1MrPaul1

My advice, use events when want to make test action for scene or actor, but in final version, use only behaviors. Several reasons for this, behaviors have more extended features that can increase game speed, and events, sometimes produce errors, also you can attach one behavior to many different actors this is also big plus of behaviors

jaystansfield

My advice, use events when want to make test action for scene or actor, but in final version, use only behaviors. Several reasons for this, behaviors have more extended features that can increase game speed, and events, sometimes produce errors, also you can attach one behavior to many different actors this is also big plus of behaviors

That's awesome thankyou- just what i needed to hear!! :))