Mibibli's Quest

Jesse

This game is ridiculously tough to beat, but it's also ridiculously well made. :)

Luyren

I tried a few times, and only beat the Suburbs level yet. I must admit, this is VERY impressive. Really. It also makes me feel a little bad that I set out to make a game in a month, but it got waaaay over that time, without guarantee that it will be good.

So yeah, GREAT work, specially given the time frame! Looking forward to the finished version!
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

KungFuFurby

Ah, create projector? Then I can do the same on the Mac. ^_^

The problem is that I can't create a standalone Windows version... I can only create a standalone Mac version.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

NobodyX

Jesse and Luyren, thanks!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:25:13 pm by NobodyX »

NobodyX

I googled my own game and found that it was put on some Chinese website.

I love the description of it, translated by Google.

NobodyX

I've been working very hard on Mibibli's Quest. The completed game will be hefty!

Check out this amazing teaser site I made and admire the amazing web design.
http://snardware.com/mibibli/

coleislazy

Finally, someone gets what the average gamer wants: to play flash games with deceased relatives. All the big-name developers throw around terms like "impossible", "reprehensible", and "playing god", but you made it happen, my friend! Hats off to you.

Justin

The web design is terrible. I can barely read the info at the top of the page. Progress on the game is nice though, keep it up!

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Jon

I think it was done, partly in jest and isn't meant to be anything but a placeholder. ;)

NobodyX

Hello! This game is very much improved, much more fun, much bigger, but still not finished!

BUT while it's nearing completion I'll give little tidbits of stuff I've made, something daily if I can.

Mibibli's Quest "stuff I've made" teaser #1:

Here's the theme of the bad guy, Crocodibli, as seen in my current avatar:
Music #1
Take a listen! All of the game's music will be in glorious MONO sound!

I'll take this spot to officially announce what probably 99% of you guys would want, an "easy" mode!

And also...
here's a screenshot for a section of the game which no explanation could rationalise:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:52:47 pm by NobodyX »

NobodyX

Mibibli's Quest "stuff I've made" teaser #2:

The game has rideable armour, which shoots the most powerful weapon in the game.

Mibibli in the face-tank thing:

A moving kills-everything-on-the-screen orb has been created, can you guess what it does?

And here's another piece of music:
Music #2

Strasteo

Lookin' great man! I like this addition of the face-tank. Reminds me of a shark of sorts.

I like the music as well; very upbeat. I feel as if Crocodibli's theme should be a bit more menacing, but the upbeat/heroic kind of feeling I get is also appropriate if one were in battle, so overall it's great.

Can't wait to see more!

thegenericbanana

Wow, that looks awesome. Keep up the good work!
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

KungFuFurby

You got me unusually curious... how much music is going to be in the final game? I actually only see about ten to fifteen tracks (maybe with a few jingles), at most twenty or so (unless you're not thinking about a 15-16 MB limitation, in which that case the sky's the limit).
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

NobodyX

Thanks guys!

The music track's file size that I post here is not a representation of the size of the music as it will appear in the game, the tracks posted here are repeated twice over for better listening and the bit rate is a bit (pun) higher than I'll use for the actual game.

When the game is completed only the demo will posted on the internet as a browser game, and the full version will be a stand-alone game, the same as VVVVVV and The Binding of Isaac for example.

So far I've got almost 40 music tracks. Some of the tracks that appear in the version online now have been lengthened and have new sections.