10 (20%)
Grab my knife
9 (18%)
Show him/her/them my karate moves
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

If an intruder came into your home

Stevetheipad

I don't see a problem with it as long as you're contributing something.
Okay; I don't want it to seem annoying.

SWATLLAMA

In Britain you're not allowed to kill someone if they are intruding into your house with possible intent to injure? Okay.... I don't even know if it's allowed in the U.S., but I assume it is.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Stevetheipad

In Britain you're not allowed to kill someone if they are intruding into your house with possible intent to injure? Okay.... I don't even know if it's allowed in the U.S., but I assume it is.
Nope, crazy, right?

In the U.S., I'm pretty sure the law states that unless you have substantial reason to believe the intruder is going to severely hurt or kill you; and I don't think seeing that they have a gun counts, you can't hurt them beyond merely stopping them without hurting them. In my opinion, you should be able to shoot them on-site if they appear to be doing any harm at all (such as even stealing your possessions).

irock

Each state has its own homicide laws.

lazyboygames

I would use my sword I got for Tae Kwon Do when I was 12, and hope for the best. Because I mean, unless the person has a gun who's going to wanna go up against a guy with a freakin' samurai sword!?

Stevetheipad

I would use my sword I got for Tae Kwon Do when I was 12, and hope for the best. Because I mean, unless the person has a gun who's going to wanna go up against a guy with a freakin' samurai sword!?
If they're crazy enough to go into someone's home in the first place, you never know.

Galdon2004

Where's the "shoot to incapacitate" option?

Never shoot to incapacitate. Numerous reasons for that; first if you try to shoot a non-vital spot your odds of midsing go way up. Many commonly believed 'safe to shoot' spots, such as the shoulder can be quite fatal, and if he lives he gets to tell a fabricated side of the story to a civil court while suing you for damages. Its happened before a fair bit.

Blob

i wood problt take out the intruder with my blue belt (3rd highest) freestyle kung fu. its not as powerful as a gun but if ur good its a lot faster and i no special moves that could kill the criminal instantly. u definitely do not want to keep intruders alive because it just creates problem plus its alot more effisient to cold blood kill them and if the cops cum 4 me i will kill them 2 i actualy no police protocol so i could create tactics for the situation also i am stufying psychology so icould get in there head and go for the kill

Hectate

It's happened before; examples in Syndney, Spokane, and Milwaukee.

Irock is correct that the laws vary by state in the USA. As Steve noted though, theft alone is not sufficient reason to employ deadly force in any state that I am aware of.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Stevetheipad

Irock is correct that the laws vary by state in the USA. As Steve noted though, theft alone is not sufficient reason to employ deadly force in any state that I am aware of.
Even if the intruder didn't appear to be ready or willing to shoot, hurt and/or kill me, if they had a gun, I'd probably put up a fight and attempt to knock them out.

Galdon2004

There isthe 'castle law' which gives home owners the right to defend their home in any way they feel reasonable as long as the intruder is in the house. I do not remember what state or states use it though.

Hectate

The Castle laws vary greatly from state to state (http://source.southuniversity.edu/castle-doctrine-from-state-to-state-46514.aspx) but most require that some form of danger exist - trespassing alone is usually insufficient for the use of deadly force.

I do like that Kentucky (and other states I'm sure) has a "Stand Your Ground" law that doesn't require a person to attempt to back off from a threat, so long as they are somewhere they are legally allowed to be (public spaces, etc).
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Galdon2004

The Castle laws vary greatly from state to state (http://source.southuniversity.edu/castle-doctrine-from-state-to-state-46514.aspx) but most require that some form of danger exist - trespassing alone is usually insufficient for the use of deadly force.

I do like that Kentucky (and other states I'm sure) has a "Stand Your Ground" law that doesn't require a person to attempt to back off from a threat, so long as they are somewhere they are legally allowed to be (public spaces, etc).

Yeah i like the stand your ground law; sadly it has been getting a lot of trouble from that circus of a trial over Trayvon Martin. Every fact that has been found by the actual investigators supports zimmerman's story yet he's the bad guy. The media chose who was guilty already and did such a thurough campaign against him that there is little chance for a fair trial with an unbiassed jury.

lazyboygames

i wood problt take out the intruder with my blue belt (3rd highest) freestyle kung fu. its not as powerful as a gun but if ur good its a lot faster and i no special moves that could kill the criminal instantly. u definitely do not want to keep intruders alive because it just creates problem plus its alot more effisient to cold blood kill them and if the cops cum 4 me i will kill them 2 i actualy no police protocol so i could create tactics for the situation also i am stufying psychology so icould get in there head and go for the kill

You started off innocent enough...but then everything spiraled out of control.

Almakos

Blob is awesome as always )))
Fishing Fantasy Trailer