Memory overflow Windows 7

havana24

Hi all!

I'm having a big trouble with stencyl...
I'm running under Windows 7 and today stencyl for the first time has exceeded the memory limit...
In the task javaw.exe has around 3.000.000 kb in the memory...
The Memory increase when I press the test game button. And after this, it doesn't stop.

I have already downloaded and run the stencyl.exe (over here http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,5601.0.html )and reboot system many times.

Please help, I was going to buy the PRO version  but with this bug Stencyl seems to be unworkable.

EDIT:
When I press the test button, the memory increase when the popup says "Prepping 52 of 57".
This "Prepping 52 of 57" remains on screen for a few seconds before continue.

Alessandro

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:46:46 pm by havana24 »
My Website: www.havana24.net

Joe

Stencyl's probably hanging on a gigantic resource. Do you have any very large backgrounds, tilesets, or songs in your game?

havana24

I usually do a backup of my game every day...
so i found the "bug" game...
The strange thing is that I've only added some little actors with small graphics, and for some days this "bug" never happened. Why?

Alessandro

havana24

Sorry for double posting, but I've found something!

I've tried to delete one by one all the actors/behaviors and when I've deleted my only "scene behavior", the memory seems to have worked fine.

In fact if I try to open this "scene behavior" the memory increases a lot!
Why this happen?

Alessandro

Joe

Can you post a screenshot of the Behavior?

havana24

Ok I've found the error...
In italian we use often the word "è"..
In a "block comment" I've used this word but Stencyl have changed this in something like:
"ƒÆ’ĮծÃÂ"
And every time that i saved the game, Stencyl has increased this symbols in something like:

"ƒÆ’ƒÆ’ÆÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃĮÃÂ"

So the behavior is increased too much...
I think is a bug... or not?

Joe

We don't fully support Unicode character yet, but fortunately, we will be greatly revamping this in 2.2.

Photon

I am curious: is the reason it slowed down so much then is that essentially that text sequence compounded upon itself so much? It was just a REALLY LARGE block of text?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

havana24

Yes Photon, because when I've exported the "Scene behavior" with the large comment his size was 19 mb...
Now, without comment his size is around 40 kb!

Thanks Joe for support! :)

Alessandro