collisions not working in 2.1

thepopeisgod

I had a lot of issues before with 2.0 but was always able to sort them out by giving weird values to the actors collisions, but now that I have updated and started over (the update completely broke my game in progress) the actor to actor or player to actor collision is pretty much non-existent.  Is this an issue with the API or is it just top down games that seem to not work (for example the RPG dialog example).  I have written Top-down RPG's before in python and have never had this much trouble getting collision to work correctly.

game in can be downloaded below

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~thepopeisgod

Echo Magnum

Same here, at this rate I might just give up on Stencyl if their is no solution to this since it's impossible to make any kind of action game without even basic collision detection (-_-).

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:39:19 am by Echo Magnum »

Echo Magnum

apparently you have to select the collision group in the collision setting and in the properties for the actor.

imspikey

I am also having problems between mouse and actors collision  I might as well find a product other than stencyl because its  problems overcome its advantages unless they fix this broken software

Joe

I am also having problems between mouse and actors collision  I might as well find a product other than stencyl because its  problems overcome its advantages unless they fix this broken software

What problem are you having? (You're commenting on a very old topic, by the way. The problem was caused by a misunderstanding on the user's part.)

imspikey

when i click with my mouse on an actor nothing happens I am  sure I don't have any problem in my code  I have tried everything the only thing that worked was collision group and I don't want to have 100+ collision group for my simple game I already have 8 so the problem is not solved for me :(
I think collision between actors and mouse is not happening because I have created the actors using create actor block those are the actors my mouse isn't colliding with

Joe

I'm not understanding what you're saying about collision groups. Can you post a screencap of your Behavior?

imspikey

I confirm that what i suspected was true, as you can see that in the play.png  picture three actors are created at run time rather than manually inserting them in the scenes after that a foreach block to assign the actor to an attribute who will be used in the on mouse click event  as shown in the play2.png picture. Surprisingly this code dose not work and the event docent get executed because I suspect that the reason for this incident is that the  actor "NextLevel" was created on the fly or in other words using the create block. To be sure that what I was assuming is true I created a similar behaviour and inserted some actors manually and every thing worked fin   :(   (play3.png and play4.png pictures)
I wold like to mention also that all the actors have the same settings. I also tried different setting and possibilities but all didn't success.... :(
Am I missing something or is it a bug in stencyl?
please someone help if you can  :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:44:06 pm by imspikey »

xandramas

Just have your actor create during creation, set that actor to an actor variable then kill that actor.

Then Use that attribute you just made to spawn your actor, or just put one in the scene and edit the actors behavior

if mouse is pressed on self then do this action.

Or if you have lots of actors that will teleport you to different places on click create an actor behavior

If mouse is pressed on self

if scene is not transitioning

switch scene to (create an empty scene attribute so you can edit it easily under the behaviors tab)

then attach this behavior to any of your level select actors. And then choose whatever level you want under that behaviors tab.
Check my profile to test my games in development.
Asterite Saga: http://www.facebook.com/XGameLabs
Next Game in development.