iAd is not compliant with apple

big12isu

Hi, I am working on a game for the iPhone and want to incorporate iAds. I want some scenes to display iAds and some scenes to not display iAds. I have looked at the features that you have right now and all you have is "show iAds" and "hide iAds". I ran hide iAds at the start of a scene that I didn't want to display ads, but it seems as though it doesn't continually hide the ad??? Also, on a scene that I wanted to display an iAd I ran the show iAd at the beginning of the scene and sometimes an empty iAd would appear. Also, I sent my app into apple and they rejected it because of the following reason. I even removed the show and hide iAd features and my app was still rejected because iAd wasn't implemented correctly. Please fix this!

We found that your app displays an empty iAd banner when ad content is not available, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

The banner within the app should be hidden whenever ad content is not being served by iAd. To handle the case where ad content is not available, you need to implement a banner view delegate. An example code snippet is included here for your convenience. Additionally, you may wish to review the section "Working with Banner Views" of the iAd Programming Guide.

Banner View Delegate to Remove a Banner View When Advertisements are Not Available:

- (void)bannerView:(ADBannerView *)banner didFailToReceiveAdWithError:(NSError *)error
{
if (self.bannerIsVisible)
{
[UIView beginAnimations:@"animateAdBannerOff" context:NULL];
// assumes the banner view is at the top of the screen.
banner.frame = CGRectOffset(banner.frame, 0, -50);
[UIView commitAnimations];
self.bannerIsVisible = NO;
}
}

To make the iAd process easier, is there any way that you could attach a variable to each scene to say whether or not iAds should be shown.

JensWinterstein

Any news on this? Can we maybe work around this issue by ourselves (like adding the missing function to xCode after stencyl is done)?

Are there other apps that got rejected for that reason?
Get 100 Chambers for Android / iOS
Get Cubus Velox for Android / iOS or play it on Flash

- Portfolio