Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

dtrungle

You choose where to install 3.0. However, in my case they both share the same workspace folder and settings. Make sure you make a complete backup of all your games.

Kobe24Life

Wondering if 3.0 will come before September? I am trying to decide if I should start my new project now because I am off school for a year and have a bunch of time now, or if I should wait because 3.0 will come soon. I don't want to start a huge project and then have to restart because 3.0 was released, especially if I want to go premium later.

Dom818

Wondering if 3.0 will come before September? I am trying to decide if I should start my new project now because I am off school for a year and have a bunch of time now, or if I should wait because 3.0 will come soon. I don't want to start a huge project and then have to restart because 3.0 was released, especially if I want to go premium later.

You wont have to restart when 3.0 releases, any 2.2 project can be opened and run in 3.0.

dtrungle

You wont have to restart when 3.0 releases, any 2.2 project can be opened and run in 3.0.

If your 2.2 project has AS3 code then you will have to change it yourself to Haxe.

haim

a good April 1 joke: "Stencyl 3.0 released!"
ohhh, it's April 2 already?  :o
Haim ifrah
Web and Games designer.

Dom818

If anyone wants to read some of the new Stencylpedia docs that are 3.0 specific, Jon has recently uploaded them. Everyone can get an idea of how some new things will work.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/

Scroll to the bottom of the list of items of the left side to find the 3.0 drafts.

Jon

Note that a bunch are still not imported yet - I'm reviewing/editing them as I import, so it's not an instant process.

emrekurt

Quote from: Jon
- iOS
- Android
- Flash
- HTML5
- Windows / Windows 8 / Windows Store
- Mac / Mac App Store
- Linux

Which one can be used on Stencyl Pro?
Stencyl Turkey | http://www.stencyltr.com

GeorgeN

Quote from: Jon
- iOS
- Android
- Flash
- HTML5
- Windows / Windows 8 / Windows Store
- Mac / Mac App Store
- Linux

Which one can be used on Stencyl Pro?

Stencyl Pro is now known as Indie and will feature Flash, HTML5, and native Desktop publishing.
iOS Pro is now known as Mobile and will feature iOS and Android publishing.
Stencyl Studio is now known as Studio and will feature publishing to every platform.

Photics

I was wondering what was going to happen with my retina display quality graphics for desktop games.

Ah... http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/full-screen-mode/ ...that looks cool!  8)

This one feature can build a business. I'm thinking that the low-res version of a game could go on the website as a free-to-play game... while the high-res versions could be available as a paid download. Awesome!
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

Ryusui

So I got a big question about Stencyl 3.0.

Does it fix the bug where the Tile API always creates 32x32 collision boxes, regardless of the actual tile size? Because I just ran into it, and checking on the forums, I'm not the only one who's encountered this problem.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Hectate

I'm pretty sure that was fixed. I was using the Tile API extensively with 4x4 tiles and no issues (see the Blistered Dirt demo on my account - they're from 3.0); but it does use simple physics and not Box2D. The changelog includes several references to the Tile API but nothing specific to tile collision sizes.

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

mikuri

Quick question about 3.0

I'm creating a iOS app which will also be playable on the iPad Retina. But Stencyl 2.2 only import images at 2x. Do I need to buy a license now so I can create with 4x images? (so they scale accordingly).

Thanks.

Dom818

Quick question about 3.0

I'm creating a iOS app which will also be playable on the iPad Retina. But Stencyl 2.2 only import images at 2x. Do I need to buy a license now so I can create with 4x images? (so they scale accordingly).

Thanks.

Yes, to get access to 3.0 and import graphics at 4x, you will need to buy a license. If you make the project in 2.2 with 2x graphics, Stencyl will scale them up to fit 4x, but they will be blurry.

mikuri

Quick question about 3.0

Thanks.

Yes, to get access to 3.0 and import graphics at 4x, you will need to buy a license. If you make the project in 2.2 with 2x graphics, Stencyl will scale them up to fit 4x, but they will be blurry.

Thank you! Exactly the answer I was looking for. I guess I'll use graphic dummies for the time being. And when I'll be advanced in the project, I'll buy the license to finish it.