Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

bergapappa

Don't think that is possible.
Did my reply fool you, sorry if that was the case.

I just want to know if there is any point in buying right now.

RENGAC

This sounds like a stupid question but how do you download the beta if you are a paying customer?

Have you searched into the "Stencyl 3.0" part of the forums?

caimomile

will zooming be implemented in 3.0?  It'll be a really neat feature (as dramatic zooms make games feel more "pro" imo) but based from what I saw, i'll still buy 3.0 even without it. hahahaha

curi0s1

Will nightlies be made available before this release as well, or will you only have the beta available to subscribers?

I'm tempted by all the new features, but particularly the speed improvements. I've been looking at FlashDevelop + Haxe + NME to build Android, iOS, Flash, and other platforms and it's looking pretty good so far, but Stencyl does offer quite a few extras which would likely make me subscribe if speed is the same. I'm assuming you're also using NME under the covers, no?

Cheers,
Adrian

rob1221

will zooming be implemented in 3.0?
I doubt it unless someone figures out how to do it in code and makes an extension for it.

Will nightlies be made available before this release as well, or will you only have the beta available to subscribers?
I don't think there's going to be an open beta.

I'm assuming you're also using NME under the covers, no?
Yes.

darkknighth20

Lovely update on the blog!

I'm looking forward to the details on the new programming language.

Keep up the good work! The release of Stencyl 3.0 by December would feel like a great Christmas present :)
- DarkKnightH20
Need Help?
>> Stencyl Guides
Current Game In Progress >> A Hack N Slash

Jon

This sounds like a stupid question but how do you download the beta if you are a paying customer?

There's a category for the Stencyl 3.0 Beta these forums (a very active category, I may add), where there's a stickied topic with the link.

bergapappa

Still wondering?

We have heard about great offers to buy early before.
Is there any reasons buying now, besides the beta ofcourse?

Ive heard people in this thread getting lots of years on Stencyl when they bought though a earlier offer. Just want to know if there is any incentives to buy now.

Almakos

I myself would love to pre-order 3.0 actually.
Fishing Fantasy Trailer

Hectate

I myself would love to pre-order 3.0 actually.
Well, it's not possible to pre-order a subscription - but subscribing means you get access to 3.0 beta right now which is even better than a pre-order!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Almakos

as I understand there can be different price for the 3rd version. so what I am saying is that I would rather consider pay now and use 3.0 than pay for 2.2 and the pay upgrade fee to get 3.0 when released (if there will be one).
something like that.
hope that makes sense...
Fishing Fantasy Trailer

dashx747

Ok, I'm convinced, I'm buying (yeah, licensing, I know) Stencyl.

But before anything, I just need one question answered: if I get Stencyl Studio now, I will have access to iOS, Android and HTML 5 once 3.0 is officially out? Or will they be separate packages that I will have to acquire?

I just need to know this as I want to buy the complete package all at once. If it is all included with Studio, I will get it today.

bergapappa

Yes, this is what Im wondering.
As I wrote before.
I have heard people getting good deals signing up early.

So, pls tell us whats in the bag and what it cost now and what it will cost later.

Future Freak

Yes, this is what Im wondering.
As I wrote before.
I have heard people getting good deals signing up early.

So, pls tell us whats in the bag and what it cost now and what it will cost later.

I seriously doubt they would be doing deals like that now - back then it was a case of get people in and show them how good the software is (kind of like a drug dealer giving out free drugs to get you hooked).  They don't really need to hook people in now - as there are enough people to say how good the software is, so people can buy it. Plus, it's still free to produce flash games.

rob1221

I think Jon mentioned there will be some incentive for buying early, which has been the case since subscriptions first started.  I don't know what he has planned though.  You certainly won't be paying more for buying early; that would be ridiculous.