Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

crazysam

Just to clarify then, if I buy the current Pro version ($79), will I get a free upgrade to Stencyl 3 when it comes out?

iggyvolz

The key word in that phrase is currently, and yes you can upgrade to 3.0 for free when it is released.
Sometimes companies say "currently" but they really mean "it's not going to happen".
iggyvolz - Co-developer of Fightmon the Game: Pluff
An awesome new base-building game coming soon!  See our site for details!

Joe

Just to clarify then, if I buy the current Pro version ($79), will I get a free upgrade to Stencyl 3 when it comes out?

Yes.

Sometimes companies say "currently" but they really mean "it's not going to happen".

We're not one of those companies. :)

0ven

Where may I download the Stencyl 3.0 beta? Because I can't find the link anywhere. Thanks.

Hectate

Where may I download the Stencyl 3.0 beta? Because I can't find the link anywhere. Thanks.
There is a "Stencyl 3.0 (Beta) forum you should have access to. In that forum there is a stickied topic labeled "Get Stencyl 3.0" or similar. Instructions are inside.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

0ven

I got it, thank you.

And when I have Stencyl 2 installed, will I be able to install Stencyl 3 alongside? Because I don't want to update, I want to use both versions.

There is a "Stencyl 3.0 (Beta) forum you should have access to. In that forum there is a stickied topic labeled "Get Stencyl 3.0" or similar. Instructions are inside.

Hectate

I've not tried using both. A few things come to mind that you have to be mindful of:

You'll have to change the path where they install to keep them separate.
You'll have to set a different workspace folder in the preferences of one (or both) of them so they aren't accessing the same games.
You'll have to ensure that any shortcuts or start menu folders point to the desired version - whatever is installed last is likely to be what is there so you may have to create your own for the other one.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

mbuist

Is there An estemate release dat date for stencyl3.

Can you import stencyl 2 games into stencyle 3....

If I buy the studio version now. Do I get acces to stencyl 3 bèta. And is IT already possible to publish everything to android etc
Visit my arcade site - http://www.tincubegames.com/
Read all about my games at - http://www.tincubemedia.nl
Please follow Tincube Media on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tincubemedia

As a final touch.. GOD created the Dutch

Joe

Is there An estemate release dat date for stencyl3.

Can you import stencyl 2 games into stencyle 3....

If I buy the studio version now. Do I get acces to stencyl 3 bèta. And is IT already possible to publish everything to android etc

"When it's done."

Yes.

Yes and yes.

gianmichele

When you guys started blogging abut v3 features, I thought you were close to release, but now everything has gone silent again...too many bugs? A small post to know where you are would be appreciated and probably restart interest :)

Also, any plan to support OUYA?

rob1221

It could still be a couple months (maybe more) until release, but most of the game-breaking bugs are either fixed or can be worked around.  About a month ago, Jon took a break from engine development to work on website stuff that also needs to be done for 3.0 (currently finishing a translation system).  So if anyone was wondering why the changelog hasn't been updated much, that's why.

I don't know about OUYA support.  Maybe the people working on Haxe NME will add support and then it shouldn't be too hard to integrate that into Stencyl.

twotimingpete

It could still be a couple months (maybe more) until release, but most of the game-breaking bugs are either fixed or can be worked around.  About a month ago, Jon took a break from engine development to work on website stuff that also needs to be done for 3.0 (currently finishing a translation system).  So if anyone was wondering why the changelog hasn't been updated much, that's why.

I don't know about OUYA support.  Maybe the people working on Haxe NME will add support and then it shouldn't be too hard to integrate that into Stencyl.

After Ghost Song is done, I intend to develop for ouya whether stencyl supports it or not! Ouya is gonna be big.

Hectate

A quick search shows that there are NME devs having decent luck with getting the OUYA kit running and they're hammering out the issues. Now that Jon opened up the engine side of Stencyl, in theory it might be possible to just drop in a few new classes and tweak a few lines to get access to it in the engine. There won't be anything in Stencyl itself at that point, of course, but a code block is just as easy as a regular block if you know what to put in it.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

LewCorp

Help! Where can I download it! I cant find it anywhere :(

Hectate

Download what exactly?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.