Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

coleislazy

No multiplayer, yes games will "upgrade".

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

iggyvolz

Do you mean no multiplayer ever, or that multiplayer will come later?
iggyvolz - Co-developer of Fightmon the Game: Pluff
An awesome new base-building game coming soon!  See our site for details!

coleislazy

Not in 3.0. I can't say that it will never happen, but there are many challenges in creating a generic multiplayer framework on one platform, not to mention seven.

iggyvolz

I could have sworn it said somewhere on the website it was coming out with 3.0... I'll try to find it.

PrunePlum Games

revamping the Game Attributes functionality
Thank you!

Jezus101

Hey is it possible to add a auto-save feature so your game auto-saves every minute or so in case stencyl crashes that would be AWESOME can we also use api's in android???

Ryusui

Stencyl 2.1 already auto-saves. The feature has been met with some ambivalence, mind.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Jezus101

Can you PLEASE add stencyl to the ubuntu software center it would be a LOT easier for linux users like me or maybe a " sudo apt-get install" command for stencyl? please look into it if you get this linux users will LOVE YOU EVEN MORE

Jezus101

Will creating apps for android be free? will we have to get a dev account from google or can we just use the apk without that

Ryusui

I'd imagine it'll be cheaper than developing for iOS in that you won't need an additional subscription, but odds are it'll still be a Stencyl Pro feature.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Innes

Stencyl 2.1 already auto-saves. The feature has been met with some ambivalence, mind.

I think 'ambivalence' is being generous! I haven't seen any positive comments about this feature. I'm not generally a 'moaner'; I like to be positive, but I really dislike the way autosave works as it is non-standard and causes problems with expected workflow.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Jezus101

dont make me pirate stencyl PLEASE let android be FREE

GwefTech

dont make me pirate stencyl PLEASE let android be FREE

Why do you want it to be free? (apart from the fact that you don't have to pay squat for developing for that specific OS).   Why should the Stencyl team put it out there for free? They work their As**s off to give us so many features, so I doubt it would be free for all the work they have done/doing.   
## Mike
Picsel28 (formerly GwefTech)
Website - http://www.picsel28.cymru/ 
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/mikejones89  +  http://www.twitter.com/Picsel28

iggyvolz

Hey is it possible to add a auto-save feature so your game auto-saves every minute or so in case stencyl crashes that would be AWESOME can we also use api's in android???
If you're talking about in-game (for the person playing it), just add every 1 minute (save).  If you're talking about the program (for the developer), I think a minute is too often.  Though I have a slow computer, it takes 15-20 seconds for it to close.  If it saved every minute, I would take 33% longer to make any game.  Considering I am already on a crunch to make my game, auto-save would make it impossible (unless I could work while it was saving)