Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

SWATLLAMA

Any plans for 2.5, or are you guys skipping that?

Jon, I remember a while ago you mentioning something about a web-browser. Any news on this idea?
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Joraanpe

How long to stencyl 3.0 or even a beta because I can't decide wither to start making my new game or not.

Im on the same situation lol

Give us information!! A date pleaseee!

rob1221

Any plans for 2.5, or are you guys skipping that?

2.5 was renamed to 3.0.

To those asking for a date, don't expect anything specific until a few weeks before it's released.  It could be as late as September, so why hold off making a game for that long?  Games made in earlier versions should easily convert to 3.0 as long as you're not using code.

1MrPaul1

Of cause we are all waiting for 3.0 so much but we must undertand that this is very conceptual, important and complex update of all engine of Stencyl. So, in this case finished result and quality is more important than speed of production. So, we must wait until Jon and other Stencyl creators will feeling that product is ready for announcement. I think even more. Now is summer. Sun, heat, lazy and may be it's time for Stencyl team to take a little vacation because this is very hard to work without rest. we are not robots.
I'm too need 3.0 for my game but I want to work in quality and bugs free application and I agree to wait for september and more if this is needed.

rob1221

I don't get it.  Games made in the current version aren't of lower quality then games made in 3.0.  The same blocks will still be there.

Photics

I don't get it.  Games made in the current version aren't of lower quality then games made in 3.0. 

Actually, they kinda are. I'm still waiting for 3.0 because of issues with tiles and layers... and publishing to Android/HTML5 is nice.  :D
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

1MrPaul1

Current version 2.0 is ok, but i'm afraid that if remake all blocks in the application and make it fast, it potentially will have many bugs, so than all this bugs will be in our games. But quality games this is first of all games without bugs

Joraanpe

Telling a possible release date doesnt mean bringing down the end product's quality, not even pull out their vacations, niether anything else, its only matter of keep customers informed on how developing goes and relax a bit the stress of being refreshing each day atmornings this website to see if there are any news, lol.

Would be very nice if you could drop here a possible date

Rhys

Telling a possible release date doesnt mean bringing down the end product's quality, not even pull out their vacations, niether anything else, its only matter of keep customers informed on how developing goes and relax a bit the stress of being refreshing each day atmornings this website to see if there are any news, lol.

To be pretty honest, Stencyl doesn't have a great track record for reaching deadlines when they're set. :P
Better to be surprised by it coming without warning than to be let down by a missed release date.

SWATLLAMA

To be pretty honest, Stencyl doesn't have a great track record for reaching deadlines when they're set. :P
Better to be surprised by it coming without warning than to be let down by a missed release date.

True. But they still come out with the end product pretty quickly. It's been little over a year since the official 1.0 release, and we're already to almost 3.0! That's pretty fast, I say.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Rhys

True. But they still come out with the end product pretty quickly. It's been little over a year since the official 1.0 release, and we're already to almost 3.0! That's pretty fast, I say.

Yep, super fast but not on (their self set) time. :>

irock

Firefox releases a major version every 3 hours anymore.

Xietao

Yep, super fast but not on (their self set) time. :>
Was pretty fast but always some time slow xD
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...