Stencyl 3.0 - Design Once. Play Anywhere. (Soft Launched on Feb 20th)

rob1221

I think a lot of people are waiting for 3.0 to consider buying more subscriptions, especially iOS developers who have dealt with many more problems than Flash developers.  The reason the staff is focusing on the new engine is to fix those problems and make sure they don't happen with Android and HTML5.

Photics

Is it really, I usually dont buy stuff i cannot see.

Well, I think that is a legitimate gripe... why should one pay for software, if it is not clear that the software is good?

I look at it a different way. My $199 has given me a head start. If I didn't think Stencyl had potential, I wouldn't be here. So, when the software finally matures, I'm ready for action.

But, I've been waiting for the android support.
When I see this working well, then I'm buying.

Cool!  :D

I'm waiting for HTML5 support. I could actually use it for a project that I'm working on.

So, what you are saying is that you have an unlimited use of stencyl because you paid early?

There was a promotion a while back. I'm surprised that more people didn't jump at it.

BTW, if and when I buy, I would love to buy your book as well.
Hope you finish it!

That's good news. I actually made some great progress this weekend.
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

Innes

This would never had happend if I knew early adopters got that much.
Bet a lot of people would have subscribed if they knew.

The details of the special offer were made public on these forums.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

vodkaman6661

Will the system requirements of stencyl be the same as 2.2?

I’m looking into buying a 2007 imac with os x snow leopard intel duo this week , will I be able to run stencyl 3.0 on a system like that?

bergapappa

Shit, wish I did not miss that promotion.

Photics - sounds good about your book.

SWATLLAMA

If you dont know it now, your not going to know it in the next 2-3 weeks. However I much rather them delay 3.0 a week but also make a huge announcement letting us know what the heck is up with it.
We'll know two to three weeks more of it though.

Will the system requirements of stencyl be the same as 2.2?

I’m looking into buying a 2007 imac with os x snow leopard intel duo this week , will I be able to run stencyl 3.0 on a system like that?
Yes, you'll be able to run Stencyl off that. People run it off old single core computers. It won't run as well as say, an i3 processor or newer mac, but it will run.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

neovive

This has been quite an interesting thread.  I am very interested in testing Stencyl 3.  Just to clarify, if I purchase the $199 Stencyl Studio option, do I get to start using the Stencyl 3 beta right away?

Stevetheipad

This has been quite an interesting thread.  I am very interested in testing Stencyl 3.  Just to clarify, if I purchase the $199 Stencyl Studio option, do I get to start using the Stencyl 3 beta right away?
Yes. :)

Jon

An announcement will be coming this week, along with regular updates thereafter. I've been waiting for the right time in which I could deliver an update and follow up on it with interesting content, and this is about the right time to do that.

To answer one question, as I don't think there's any point to delaying this one, we've standardized entirely on Haxe as the language. Haxe gets translated into Flash bytecode, C++, JavaScript, Java and C#, and along with native extensions, you can hook in additional code written in those languages as well as Objective-C. Together, this provides a very rich, yet still native way of building cross-platform games in a uniform manner.

Innes

To answer one question, as I don't think there's any point to delaying this one, we've standardized entirely on Haxe as the language.

The web site for Haxe is www.haxe.org

Also, according to the Haxe documentation, 'Haxe' is pronounced 'hex' (http://haxe.org/doc/intro) !
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Ryusui

A lot of people called Haxe (heh). Glad to see they were right.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

petelachatte

Maybe missed it but is the beta downloadable now ?

Sunflower

Well, if you're paying customer, and looking at your iOS Pro badge you probably are, then you should have access to beta. Take a look at the forums main page and you should find it, I think. ^^'

wpaten

Forgive me if this has been covered already (don't have time to read through 37 pages from this thread  :D ), I was curious about a few things with the release of 3.0. 

1) Will it include Android In-App purchasing? (I know it says it will, just curious if it will do it straight out of the box, and will it account for the major Android markets (Google Play, Amazon, Nook, etc.)

2) The html5 export.  Will this give us the actual html5 files themselves along with all source files needed.  I didn't see a Windows 8 export so I was thinking this would be an easy workaround using Visual Studio.

3) Will the Universal Apps ever be anything other than a stretch feature?  Since the aspect ratio is different between iphone and ipad, I was curious if this will be addressed as well?

Thanks,
Ed