0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 02, 2012, 08:50:25 am

security warnings, improtant!!!!!

newton1212

June 03, 2012, 08:50:25 am
i have threat detection warnings on my anti-virus software anyone else only 2.0.0

Ryusui

June 03, 2012, 08:51:47 am
Your antivirus software is crap and giving you a false positive.

Uninstall it and get Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and, amazingly, the best antivirus I've ever had.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

newton1212

June 03, 2012, 10:23:32 am
its a poll not an advertisment stand

rob1221

June 03, 2012, 11:25:58 am
This thread doesn't need a poll, and your question was already answered.  Either fix or replace your crappy antivirus software.

hansbe

June 03, 2012, 02:47:34 pm
Although I am sure Stencyl guarantees that the downloads and executables are virus free, you cant rule out that a virus already has infected your computer. There are some threads in here noting virus software that gives false positives for Stencyl, you should search for them.

SWATLLAMA

June 03, 2012, 02:59:20 pm
Microsoft Security Essentials has to be just about the worst anti-virus program there is. Every time a new version rolls out, MS oddly "updates" the previous versions to start detecting "viruses" more often, or to even give you a virus so that you upgrade. They did this with XP to Vista and 7.

That said, the executable is fine. Maybe redownload it. Something I'd recommend is Eset Smart Security. It's not free, but it's very good.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

captaincomic

June 04, 2012, 02:49:12 am
Anti-virus software usually uses heuristics to determine if a file is malicious and sometimes produces false positives. If in doubt VirusTotal is great service to check an individual file:
https://www.virustotal.com/

Upload the file there to see the results of many different anit-virus tests. If only one test or a few show a heuristic result like for example "W32.Suspicious.Heur.File" then you're probably save. (notice in this example: "Suspicious" and "Heur" indicate that no virus was found, only that the heuristics marked the file as possibly dangerous.)

Like others said, files distributed by Stencyl are definitly virus free, but your computer might be infected from a different source.

Innes

June 04, 2012, 04:32:42 am
Microsoft Security Essentials has to be just about the worst anti-virus program there is. Every time a new version rolls out, MS oddly "updates" the previous versions to start detecting "viruses" more often, or to even give you a virus so that you upgrade. They did this with XP to Vista and 7.

Do you have any evidence for Microsoft deliberately putting viruses on Windows PCs in order to get people to upgrade? It sounds like an anti-Microsoft myth to me; I have no doubt that such antics would have been reported widely in the mainstream media!
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Ryusui

June 04, 2012, 09:44:24 am

If you're speaking from personal experience, I suggest you practice safer browsing habits, or bar the less-savvy members of your family from using your computer.

Not to sound like a shill, but the best thing about MSE is how unintrusive it is - about the worst it does is a one-time freakout whenever it detects a new piece of software running on your system (read: every time I close a Steam game for the first time, I find a warning popup, which I click away and never see again). It's like the anti-UAC.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

newton1212

June 04, 2012, 01:20:41 pm
this has turned into an advertisment  :( . if administrators could lock this please.