What Toolset Extensions would you like to see?

Jon

As of today, we've got the following extensions that will "launch" with the release of 1.1. Much of this has been driven by individual developers.

1) Keep 'Em Safe - Auto (or Manual) Game Backup

2) Game-Specific TODO Lists

3) Take a Screenshot of your StencylWorks Workspace

4) White Label Uploader - Configure a few options, build the extension, and you've got a generic solution for uploading games to other sites.

5) White Label Command Line - A generic template for executing stuff on the command line. Great for hooking in external tools. Just edit the command and build the extension.

6) Memory Watcher - Reports memory usage. Lets you garbage collect to reduce it on the spot.

More is being worked on but isn't ready to be announced quite yet.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:01:17 pm by Jon »

SWATLLAMA

This is probably too much to ask, and I'm not even sure if it is possible, but....
Stencyl .swf conversion to .exe
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Greg

This is probably too much to ask, and I'm not even sure if it is possible, but....
Stencyl .swf conversion to .exe

You can already (sort of) do this, although it requires a manual step.  Test your game in the Flash player.  Then go to File -> Create Projector, which will let you save it as an exe. 

Darkhog

But you have to save it as swf first - game.swf AFAIK uses some hacks which don't make good projector.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

KungFuFurby

Remember those .exe files don't run on Mac, so that's more of a platform-specific request there. I myself, if I were to create a projector, could only create the Mac variation of the projector.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Darkhog

AFAIK there is flash player for MAC (and I don't speak about browser plugin), so you may download it from Adobe site and make projector using it.

Joe

AFAIK there is flash player for MAC (and I don't speak about browser plugin), so you may download it from Adobe site and make projector using it.

I think his point is that you can only create a projector for the platform you're currently on. A windows user has no way to create a Mac projector, for example.

Darkhog

Yeah, but he may ask someone who has Mac/Linux/Windows to make one from swf. Also if you're on Linux, you may make Win32 projector via Wine.

Kruel

How about when in Code Builder - You can close/hide the loop & if contents (if, otherwiese, while etc).
This way if want to work on just the Aways section I can "Shrink" the others and they are not in my way.

You already have the blue arrow at the bottom but it doesn't do this.

devon64327

A way to implement kongregate's and other sites' APIs automatically would be helpful.

Darkhog

Actually there are kongregate blocks unless they got removed.

SWATLLAMA

I personally would like some place to put in html links, so it would be easier to put in something like Kongregates "Tip me" buttons. Also, a place to put preloaders. I understand that this is already possible, but I'm pretty sure you need AS2 or AS3 to do it.

*edit* I also agree with the idea of implementing movie files, .avi ones. Though, how would one make movie files?
In addition to that, a sound manipulation section would be nice, but would it be more like Finale Notepad or Schism Tracker?
Hail The Llama

Jon

An officially endorsed movie pack will be released within days, and we plan to fold it into the core in the near future.

SWATLLAMA

Ooh, but can you elaborate more on that?
Hail The Llama

Sunflower

Well, maybe something connected with module soundtracks? I mean, I think I've seen somewhere sites with Flash-made modules player, so it could mean that something like this exists (I'm not sure, though; it could be as well playing MP3s based on the track -. .-').
I like modules mainly because they're easy to control (you can jump to any fragment and you don't need to know particular time, like 47.395 second, because it's based on rows) and probably there isn't problem with annoying intervals between one loop and another (which occurs in one MP3 I checked).

However, anything which would let me jump freely around the soundtrack and get rid of those interval would be great.