How to NOT click 2 objects at once?

Ganu

Hi, I found a bug in my early phase game, there are round objects on the scene you can click on them drag and release button to shoot them, but when there are 2 objects really close to each other you can click them at once... Ahh my english is a bit weird these days... Look at the picture...
Currently waiting for joints in stencylworks.

Ryusui

Two possibilities.

1. The cheap and dirty way: use a circular collision shape.

2. Use a Boolean Game Attribute. Check whether it's set when a shape is clicked; if it's not, set it. When the player releases the mouse, unset it.

In pseudocode:

Code: [Select]
When mouse is pressed on circle:
if not circle clicked?:
circle clicked? = true
(do whatever we need to with the circle)

When mouse is released:
circle clicked? = false
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Ganu

But I`m using circular collision shape, but it registers clicks even out side of the objects collision shape, it registers clicks on whole sprite image.

saulochina

use "follow drag and drop" from the pre shiped behaviors. when configuring the behavior check the "moving on realese option" it's a good behavior and do not let you take two actors at same time.
Finding the fun!
Squib Wars. Now complete, and avaible for free on App Store! http://bit.ly/LxJ62L
https://www.facebook.com/twoheadedgames
Twitter: @saulochina
MSN: sauloj.china@hotmail.com

applaud

Use the attribute solution then. You could even use some maths to determine which is closest to the click/tap in order to ascertain which the player was likely clicking. Then set the boolean attribute to true so the second actor doesn't get clicked.

Ganu

Use the attribute solution then. You could even use some maths to determine which is closest to the click/tap in order to ascertain which the player was likely clicking. Then set the boolean attribute to true so the second actor doesn't get clicked.
That`s the best solution.