I will pay for games!

Agalag

I am looking for someone to build simple Stencyl games for me. I will pay $75 to $100 each.

I am looking for those who can implement and confirm Stencyl's marketing message, "simple."

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:36:47 pm by Agalag »

Ryusui

How simple?

Will you provide resources (graphics, sound, etc.), or are we expected to create our own?

Do you have a particular game or games in mind, or do you just want "simple" games in general?
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Agalag

Simple games in general. No IAP's, but three or four SDK's. As far as style, they should be fun for all ages.

Satyre

To be honest, 100$ is too low, when you want someone to create a game with custom graphics, sounds and coding. But at least you should give us more information what games you have in mind like Ryusui mentioned.

rob1221

You're hardly giving any information.  Who are you, and what exactly are you paying for?  Are you looking for Flash or iOS games?  If Flash, are you looking for a sitelock, sponsorship, or the entire IP?

Agalag

I have some games on the App Store, so I am looking for iOS games. As for graphics, I thought Stencyl comes with enough to make some basic games. Am I wrong?

You can see my very simple games by searching the App Store for: agalag

Agalag

Can a game like my 'Fun Mouse Game' be made with Stencyl? But of course a different character, like a rat.  It is free.

rob1221

While someone could make a game using just the images from the StencylForge, it's probably not a good idea.  I'm guessing based on your website http://www.agalag.com/ you're looking to buy iOS games including IP.  That makes me wonder though, if you are "surrounded by brilliant people", why are you trying to buy games here?

Agalag

Rob, I am building a team and my best designers are working on an "A" game that will take a few more months to make. For some reason very few designers are not willing to make simple games at $100 to $200 and 6 to 10 hours of time. It seems to me that a steady income would be more desirable. If you could make me 3 games a week and earn $300 to $600 per week, then that is the same as one cocoos 2d game with 20 or 30 levels, coins and IAP's, over a three month period. So, I want quantity first, then quality. The games can and should be improved through regular upgrades. Hope that helps.

marcwilhelm

I think I just threw up in my mouth.  :-X

Ryusui

You're vastly underestimating the amount of time and effort it takes to make a game, even with Stencyl. Especially if we're expected to produce all our resources ourselves. Stencyl provides tools that streamline the development process, but it's not a content mill - it doesn't spin raw effort into games like some kind of electronic Rumpelstiltskin.

If you can provide both concepts and assets, that's a different story. You'll have better luck trying to contract someone to do a simple game based on the premise, art, sound, and other resources you provide rather than say "oh, hey, if you make a simple iOS game, I'll pay you a hundred bucks for it."
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

rob1221

Well quality and polish is important given the amount of competition in today's Flash and mobile markets.  I won't be making iOS games anytime soon though, so I'm not interested.

Agalag

Ryusui, Thank you.

Medevenx

Quality > Quantity

Nobody wants to make 3 games a week that is just sick

I would rather do 1 fucking awesome game in 2 years or maybe even 4 years by my own rather than something like 3 shitty games a week

the name is important, if you want people to buy your games you have to produce fucking awesome ones

Agalag

If Stencyl is so complex, then why do they use words and phrases like these? Design in a "Snap", simple block-snapping interface, quickly craft complex worlds out of Actors, Tiles and Terrain.

"simple", "snap", "quickly" "in a fraction of time" and more...

Even the tutorial says you can make your first game in a few hours.

Is that just "marketing" or is it easy as is implied?