I will pay for games!

SWATLLAMA

Do you think that is a fare price?  Do you seriously think anyone (other then some 12 year old kid maybe) is going to sell you games for around 100 dollars~!?   
I'll do that for a crappy game.

Agalag, just how good do you want these games to be? I am looking for work, and the idea of even $200 a week sounds woolly to me.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

benjamino59

[quote author :D=Agalag link=topic=11559.msg69337#msg69337 date=1339626462]
Rob, I am building a team and my best designers are working on an "A" game that will take a few more months to make. For some reason very few designers are not willing to make simple games at $100 to $200 and 6 to 10 hours of time. It seems to me that a steady income would be more desirable. If you could make me 3 games a week and earn $300 to $600 per week, then that is the same as one cocoos 2d game with 20 or 30 levels, coins and IAP's, over a three month period. So, I want quantity first, then quality. The games can and should be improved through regular upgrades. Hope that helps.
[/quote]
Agalag: the only thing you can make in 6 hours are games like the one on my profile. 

acarnivorousocean

Most games built in 7 days probably don't deserve to see the light of day.  It took me 7 days at least just mentally working out potential problems and writing the story, and building a prototype.

Furthermore, I refuse to put my name on any product that is allowed into the marketplace so nonchalantly.  I don't even want to think about how many loopholes and bugs your games must have in them.

GeniusBear

Rob, I am building a team and my best designers are working on an "A" game that will take a few more months to make. For some reason very few designers are not willing to make simple games at $100 to $200 and 6 to 10 hours of time. It seems to me that a steady income would be more desirable. If you could make me 3 games a week and earn $300 to $600 per week, then that is the same as one cocoos 2d game with 20 or 30 levels, coins and IAP's, over a three month period. So, I want quantity first, then quality. The games can and should be improved through regular upgrades. Hope that helps.

Much gold for such a easy looking unprofessional website...
Do you need art for your game? Here are some demo's from my upcoming game:
http://www.geniusbear.com/demo/lumberjackdemo.png
http://www.geniusbear.com/demo/clouddemo.png

marcumgames

This is kind of stupid stencyl is for indie game makers that Dont get paid unless some one buys theyre game not get paid as a developer by a publisher like you.
I own Marcum Games

Rexasul

It refers to the development process in Stencyl. It is all true... but it doesn't create resources for you. Good, appealing visual assets take a lot of time to make, good audio & sfx take a lot of time to produce and above all, a good game takes a lot of effort and determination to design and see through to the end.

You're asking for unpolished games in unrealistic quantity so that you can publish them to the app store, in the hope that it will generate a profit beyond the pittance you paid for them. I don't know why you're so suspicious of Stencyl's marketing, try it yourself.
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net

thechaosengine

If anyone takes Agalag up on this: You're ruining it for the rest of us. Both the Flash market and the iOS market are ridiculously difficult to make money on, games can be extremely polished and still sell for very little money, please don't make that bottom become even lower. If one sponsor or publisher can get kids (or adults!) to make games for a hundred bucks, others will follow, and soon enough we all end up selling nothing but shit games for shit money to shit people.

With that said though, I've sold games I made in 3 hours for $500 before, I don't know why so many people are acting like quickly developed games HAVE to be terrible. There is room for games that are simple and good; don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

SWATLLAMA

If anyone takes Agalag up on this: You're ruining it for the rest of us. Both the Flash market and the iOS market are ridiculously difficult to make money on, games can be extremely polished and still sell for very little money, please don't make that bottom become even lower. If one sponsor or publisher can get kids (or adults!) to make games for a hundred bucks, others will follow, and soon enough we all end up selling nothing but shit games for shit money to shit people.
D: I sent him two PM's, no reply to either.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

ridhwaan08

D: I sent him two PM's, no reply to either.
So did I
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

stianlagstad

If anyone is interested, I'm paying for a simple game here:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,12758