[SOLVED] multiple "Do after" question

Almakos

Hi guys,
I want my player to flicker when hit, so I made very basic behavior (attached) and it doesn't work as expected.

What happens is that sometimes player stays 20% opaque.
Is there a mistake in behavior or it is just not very reliable to do this way in general?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:06:19 pm by Almakos »
Fishing Fantasy Trailer

rob1221

The fade block is not accurate, so you'll have to either decrease the fade time or increase the delay.

Ryusui

If you want him to flicker, just turn on and off the sprite showing.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Almakos

in fact I have first used on/off for sprite showing and got same results ))) but this time whole actor was hidden
Fishing Fantasy Trailer

SadiQ

Check out why that happens, along with the good way to make a player flicker here: http://blog.publysher.nl/2012/04/stencyl-tower-defense-3-getting-healthy.html

Scroll down, it's the last picture.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

SWATLLAMA

I think that in your first do after.1 seconds, fading to 100% makes it stay at 20% of the original.

Instead, just try fade to 500%. Then, for the next block, make it fade to 20% again, and for the last have it fade to 500%.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Almakos

Thank you guys for your help.
As for setting fade to 500% it still did the same thing. There was no guarantee, that it won't be stuck at 20% which happened quite often

And as for publysher's way, it works. I created the following (in the attachment) based on his approach. (I still don't fully understand why simple way didn't work out, it seemed so logical and publysher's explanation is a bit complicated :-\)

Once again, thanks everybody.
Fishing Fantasy Trailer