[Flash] Tile API

rob1221

I uploaded a scene behavior on StencylForge (named "Tile API") with some custom blocks to make the tile API for Flash a bit easier to use.  I also attached the behavior here.  Suggestions for more custom block shortcuts and examples are welcome.

Xietao

Thanks for sharing this!!
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

Photon

Rob, I downloaded your behavior! Unfortunately though, when I tried to use it, Stencyl threw me an error pertaining to a "potentially undefined method sayToScene" when I tried to get a tile. I tried attaching it to the opening scene, but I still got the same error. Any idea what is up with that?

Edit: If it makes any difference, I am still using version 2.0 of Stencyl.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

rob1221

I don't know.  Is that just from attaching the behavior, or did you use some of the custom blocks?  If so, can you post the behaviors where you use the custom blocks?

Photon

Here you go. The one section above is just another part of the same behavior. It doesn't apply to the current issue. The one on the bottom is the one to look at.

This is a global custom block from an unattached actor behavior that is then called by an actor... which come to think of it, might be the problem. The actor would have to make a call to a scene behavior which would then make a call using the Tile API Global Block, right? If that is not the case, any idea what it could be?

And in answer to what you said before, the issue arose when I tried to use the global custom block for getting a tile, as seen in the specified section.

Edit: Forgive me please, I misspoke. I already made the correction above (underlined).

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:03:39 am by Photon »
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

rob1221

The Tile API custom blocks are not global, and you probably can't use them inside global custom blocks.  The non-global block is using "sayToScene", which the global block does not recognize.

Photon

Ah, I assumed because they popped up in the custom section of the palette without attaching the behavior to anywhere in specific that that meant they were global. ::)