Looking for an artist

zhaetur

Hello

I'm looking for someone who wants to collaborate in game development. I've got a handle on most areas of game development (programming, level design, story, ect) but have very little animation experience. If anyone is interested in helping me with the graphical portions of game making please contact me.

Thanks

IpponSeoiNage

My second Pixel Art Drawing
~IpponSeoiNage~

lazyboygames

I would offer help, but I am a pretty garbage artist. Here is an artist actually looking to help on some games. Here is the link to the thread: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,11122.0.html

zhaetur

Thanks, and I messaged him but he never responded

lazyboygames

Lol give him time. I am sure he will log on.

MrShinespark

Hello

I'm looking for someone who wants to collaborate in game development. I've got a handle on most areas of game development (programming, level design, story, ect) but have very little animation experience. If anyone is interested in helping me with the graphical portions of game making please contact me.

Thanks

If you provide examples of the graphics you are looking for I am sure I could give you a hand. Is this a paid or pro-bono thing? If it's not paid then I would expect adequate compensation of some type even if it's an exchange of resources and/or the like. My portfolio is in my signature check it out if you wish.

zhaetur

Hello

Thanks

If you provide examples of the graphics you are looking for I am sure I could give you a hand. Is this a paid or pro-bono thing? If it's not paid then I would expect adequate compensation of some type even if it's an exchange of resources and/or the like. My portfolio is in my signature check it out if you wish.
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/13349
Here's a link to the game. It shows the graphical style I'm going for and what needs replacement. Compensation will be based on provided rates, also what do you mean by resource exchanges?

Also here's a copy of the description, I don't believe it copied over but I may be wrong
Hello

This is my project for the 2012 stencyl jam on newgrounds. The game plays similarly to flash portal, except the gun is a gravity gun which shifts the blocks in a scene in the direction of ghbe gravity gun's bullet's collision, for instance shooting up will make the box go up.
Controls:
W jump
A left
D right
E cancel gravity
LMB Shoot

Walls of different colors do different things
Red walls stop the player and boxes
Blue walls stop boxes
Green walls stop the player

Glowing pads on the ground launch the player in the air
Dark blue buttons shift the gravity in the scene
Light blue buttons are gravity sensors, if an object is not touching them gravity changes direction
Red buttons open doors
the right arrow key goes to the next room, the up key resets the current room
Lastly click to start the game

Thanks

MrShinespark

Played it a bit, the graphical style you are looking for are toned boxes? Its hard to judge the style but it looks simplistic enough, I can make a few sketches and we could go from there.

zhaetur

That sounds excellent

The graphical style is heavily influenced by the flash version of portal
http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/
I was going for a slight 3d effect with each of the levels, but certain areas still need to be fixed. I was using a bright white- grey color scheme because it seemed very "clean".

MrShinespark

Ok, now that I have played the flash version of portal I see what you are going for. I'll do up some sketches tonight after work and post some up tomorrow during lunch for you to look at.

VisionaryBeast

I'm a interested in collaborating with you.

zhaetur

That sounds excellent, shoot me a message when they're done

Also I was rushing to upload a new copy of the game for my music guy and I accidentally had a nonworking room switch, all of the levels should be available now.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:16:36 pm by zhaetur »

LRJ52

Hello

Thanks
same... can someone help me with art plz?

Xietao

Hello

Thanks
same... can someone help me with art plz?
Open your topic?
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...