2.2 unable to build adhoc from PC via server. 2.1.0 works fine.

Future Freak

I'm on Windows Vista, upgraded to 2.2 and when making an Ad Hoc build via the Stencyl servers - it's returning 'unable to build' in the email. I can provide the full output.txt in anyone requires it - but near the end it does contain: "Codesign check fails : /Users/StencylBuild/temp/Build/Release-iphoneos/AppScaffold.app: code object is not signed at all"

Reverting back to version 2.1.0 install - the same project (that failed in 2.2) builds perfectly fine on the stencyl servers.

(I did try one of the nightlies the other week, which had the same problem - but I just put it down to the nightlies being unreliable/work in progress.)

toml2003

I can second this. I've just reinstalled 2.1

For some reason 2.2 won't build the game properly. Mine builds, but then won't install.

Now that I've reinstalled 2.1, my game installs again.

Edit: I also tried the nightly during the week and has the same problem.

Legendary Hoamaru

Yea it's definitely a good idea to post about bugs that occur in the Nightly :P.

Could you post full logs?  More likely a result of changes in how directories are handled in program for windows network support.

toml2003

We both are having different problems with the same result. Future isn't able to build his game, where as my game is building but then won't install.

Where are the logs stored as I have installed over 2.2, with 2.1. They won't have been deleted will they?

Legendary Hoamaru

The logs should still be in your workspace.  They shouldn't get deleted unless you've deleted or changed your workspace.

The directory change was huge and effected everything the workspace was involved in, so there are many areas that could have been affected.  It could be something completely different too though.

Future Freak

Attached is the Output.txt log from the "Unable to build" email I get when using 2.2.

toml2003

Attached my workspace log from when it was 2.2.

alcas

getting the same errors. for some reason stencyl 2.2 deleted atlases and fonts with their 2x version

Legendary Hoamaru

Thanks for the logs.

getting the same errors. for some reason stencyl 2.2 deleted atlases and fonts with their 2x version

Please post your logs.  The more logs for this bug, the better.

Legendary Hoamaru

Attached my workspace log from when it was 2.2.

Sorry, I need different logs, this one doesn't have any build related actions in it unfortunately.  It's better to post the full log zip file (allows me to compare the two build processes).

toml2003

Sorry. I've attached both, the same build with 2.1 and 2.2.

Legendary Hoamaru

Thanks a bunch for the logs you all, very helpful.  Yea this one was caused by my path changes (to make paths system dependent).  I ended up changing a path that was sent to the adhoc builder, which only deals with forward slashes.

Try out the new nightly to see if it works now, sorry for the wait.  If it fails build again, just post the new output log.  I probably did this somewhere else in the program too, but from the looks of your logs it only effected the atlas file paths.

This bug should have only occurred for windows users since Windows uses back slashes rather than forward slashes.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:24:51 am by Legendary Hoamaru »

Future Freak

Cool - I'll try it tonight when I get home from work (in about 7 hours)

Future Freak

Just downloaded the latest nightly and tried to do an ad hoc build from my PC (Vista)
This game builds and works fine on the iPad under 2.1, but still doesn't work under 2.2 nightly.

I've attached my Output.txt from the build email.

Legendary Hoamaru

I need the new nightly output file, not the 2.1 one.  Just needed 2.1's to compare before, but need the new versions to see where the error is.

Edit: Or are you saying that it's building under the new nightly now, just not running?

If that's so, then I need Stencyl logs this time.  Debug -> Generate Logs then post the zip.

Edit 2: Oh also, if building works on nightly but not running, copy the plaf/ios folder from the official build to the plaf/ios folder in the nightly.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:46:09 pm by Legendary Hoamaru »